By fired - 17/09/2013 04:36 - United States - Barnesville

Today, I called work crying, telling them that I wouldn't be able to go to work tomorrow due to my grandmother's sudden and tragic death. After hanging up, I walked into the midnight release of Grand Theft Auto 5. I had no idea my boss was also an avid gamer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 083
You deserved it 99 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Allornone 35

Most people have played hooky from work at some point, but you never EVER use a family member's death as an excuse. That's just horrible. Ydi

Come on, especially he should understand the magic of GTA V

Comments

Good job dumbass. Should've said you caught an STD instead. Y'know, like a child or something.

was it worth it. Who am I kindling its GTAV of course its worth it.

TrackGirl19 29

Unless she actually died and you're dealing with grieving by playing GTA, you deserve whatever punishment you got from your boss, hopefully immediate termination.

Never use death an as excuse. You should have said you were sick.

I never said he shouldn't be punished for lying to get out of work. All I said was this isn't a ydi because he lied, but because he lied about the death of a loved one. Obviously lying for big commitments isn't right, but every has done it at one point or another. And don't try to act better than everyone else by saying you haven't. No one is perfect and everyone lies in their lifetime.

nikkiluvzglen 16

If your boss is there then he shouldn't have anything to say against you

Dude....you are the lowest scum there is. What would your grandmother say? It's a GAME. I'm a gamer and I would NEVER EVER EVER tell my boss that someone had died just to go to a midnight release of a game! Just say you are sick, you dumb ****!

that's pathetic. lying about someone's death for a game? shit...I'm a huge gamer but I wouldn't go that far.

RockstarGames 3