By namehere34 - 29/12/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, I found a diamond on the floor, which I could only assume was from one of my brother's cheap earrings. I was positive that it was fake. To prove it to myself, I ran it across my window, as they say only real diamonds cut glass. It's real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 479
You deserved it 42 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

borabora1991 0

Well, now you can sell it to pay for a new window. problem solved!

imperfectclarity 0

I still don't get why you would have done that...

Comments

somethingnew319 0

and thats y u dont try the glass trick. use the water one to see if it sinks or floats.

rachexl 0

OMG!!! I JUST SCRATCHED MY WINDOW WITH WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A FAKE DIAMOND EARRING!! ITS REAL.... THANK YOU OP. I PAID $15 FOR THESE AND IT TURNS OUT MACYS SELLS REAL DIAMONDS AND DOESNT EVEN KNOW IT!

Lol at the comments, floating in water wtf?! As a gemmologist I can assure you that anything over a 7 on the Moh's hardness scale will scratch glass, yes that includes a very large range of synthetics(Cubic zirconia, Moissanite etc) so it should come as no surprise you put a nice scratch on your window! You really want to find out if it's a diamond? Put it table(top) down on a piece of medium-fine sandpaper, which is generally made of silica carbide(about 9-9.5 Mohs) and give it a few wipes along that, if you see any abrasions at all or feel it grind along, it's fake. It still could be a synthetic diamond, which you would need a pro to determine, but lets just say that if you found this "diamond" in your house, and it's bigger than 5mm, its fake.

I found a barbie brush on my floor and thought it was a diamond too, I scratched my window just to be safe... I guess Im a millionare now

I wish I had a Barbie brush made out of diamond. When I had Barbies, they were only made of emerald. :-(

Today, I found a diamond, probably worth thousands of dollars. FML.

DonkeyKong145 0

that cat tragedy made me laugh.

Running a diamond across a window would only scratch it unless you were pressing VERY hard, so I say, you scratched a window. Where's the harm?