By Lasko - 12/08/2009 19:37 - United States

Today, I found out that just because you collapse from dehydration on the sidewalk, it doesn't mean people are going to stop driving to see if you're okay, even if they saw you fall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 214
You deserved it 6 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Twidragon1000 0

Well someone helped you, because you got online. Now I hope nothing serious happened, and your all right.

Comments

That's the bystander effect for you... Sucks, doesn't it?

have u taken any soc. or psych courses? peple tend to not bother with what goes on around them in big cities... chances are u live in a big city, and u will probly do the exact same thing in their shoes. fyl tho

psyx 0

YDI for having faith in humanity.

Also I've heard that if you are having a heart attack or something you must try to single someone out.. like actually point to some individual and they should help u and get an ambulance, since they will think that they have big responsibility or something like that.

LadyLovely08 0

You live in Texas... in August. Unless you're dumb, you should know how important it is to hydrate. YDI for not taking the time to take a sip of water and then expecting other to take time out of their day to help you.

RJB 0

So ******* what? People are (unfortuantly) douchebags nowadays. I avoiding some ******* fatass waling her dog and sidewalk and ******* took up the sidewalk I couldnt ******* avoid the **** and (I was bking forgot to add) I hit the metal railing I fell and was bleeding and this peice of shit walked away looking at me. She knew I fell and walked backwards to make sure I didnt ******* rip her neck off. You have to realize the way people act nowadays, doing good ussualy ends up doing bad, didnt u hear about the good samitarin whosaved someone but then they sued them? People suck nowdays. Thats your lesson for the day lol.

63: YDI for biking on the sidewalk. OP: FYL 'cause no one helped you when you needed it, but YDI for not staying hydrated. It's not that hard. At least now you'll keep that in mind and hopefully carry a bottle of water with you.

Not even in Texas, where everybody's Right Wing and churchgoing? Damn.

..........why didnt you have a water bottle with you? I take one of those huge smartwater bottles with me everywhere

It's nice to know that there are so many people who don't want to be helped when they collapse for whatever reason. :) Karma will kick back one day. Hope the OP is okay.

ydi. I work outside in over 100 degree temps and I have never had a problem. know your limits and if you feel sick get some water