By Authentik8 - 16/09/2011 22:10 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out that one of my university flatmates arrived early for Freshers Week, and had a party which involved the place being trashed. I'm going to lose some of my deposit for damage caused before I even arrived. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 909
You deserved it 2 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yamatelle 19

Here are your options for payback: 1. After using the restroom, instead of using toilet paper like a normal human being, use the towel he dries off with after shower. 2. Invite your weed-smoking-friends over and let them use his bass clarinet as a bong, if he has one. 3. Cut a hole in the mitten he uses to take food out of the oven. 4. Make the sink the appropriate place to wash your junk. 5. Have casual conversations about your bowel movements and how you name them. 6. My personal favourite: Use his deodorant in your junk in order to prevent ingrown hair. It's your choice. Choose wisely.

SwaggerMelon 6

Comments

gahballs3 6

Have a huge party and trash his stuff

If be damned if I was paying for someone elses damages. I'd have made the university aware it was done prior to me moving in and make certain they didn't try to charge me.

OP might not be in unverified accommodation. If it's a private landlord they're normally much less likely to be understanding and they'll just go with whatever the contract says. Essentially no landlord really wants to give you back the deposit and they'll find any excuse.

uuuhhhhh did you not think to show a university staff member the damages before you moved in ? prove you were not there, its your flatmates problem, not yours dumbarse

He may not be in university owned accommodation. A lot of student accommodation is private landlords who tend to be a lot less understanding. If it says in the contract you as a group are responsible for all damges then - tough ******* - you're responsible for all damages. All that can be done is hoping the flat mate owns up and pays the other two back.