By SucksToBeMe - 28/09/2009 18:31 - United States

Today, I had a meeting with the CEO about a promising job with good pay and benefits. Upon meeting, we immediately recognized each other. He was someone I used to make fun of in school all the time. He responded by refusing to interview me and had security throw me out by force. Karma bites. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 519
You deserved it 118 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

That sucks, but you kinda deserved it...

Comments

megatrontwo 0

While I was bullied to some extent in school, (though not as much as some people) I would be willing to give my bullies a chance. This is because I have since become friendly with them all, save for two, at some point since the bullying. Out of those remaining two; one I wouldn't have a clue what she looks like now (she bullied me in preschool) and the other, despite behaving like a douche, has a decent brain on her and may actually be an asset to the team. However I believe that the CEO made the right decision in this case. If the CEO can still remember him enough to recognize him instantly after a number of years (it probably has been a while if the victim is now a CEO), then the bullying was probably bad enough to warrant instant dismissal. While bullies themselves often have psychiatric issues of their own, they do not have the right to make others lives miserable. There are two different types of bullying (OK, there are several types, but two main types): 1. Random bullying: This is the sort of thing that happens maybe once or twice on the spur of the moment and isn't really expanded upon. Most of us at some point in our lives have been the victims of this type. Most of us have also, intentionally or not, committed this type at some stage or another. I don't doubt that I have, thus would not hold this against anyone. (well, not long-term - they would be replaced by the next person who randomly pissed me off) 2. Prolonged bullying: This kind of bullying is the reason a lot of young people commit suicide as they can't bear to face another day of it. In such cases the bully will always target the victim at any opportunity, causing physical pain, emotional pain (frequently both) and humiliation. This is clearly the type that the OP was inflicting on the CEO. This kind of bullying I have not experienced, but I can understand why the CEO would not wish to associate himself with the OP again. (OK, the girl in preschool was like this, but as I say I haven't a clue what she looked like then, lettalone now, plus if she bullied me as her boss, she would be fired on the spot (or sued, depending on how sadistic I felt)) The OP was clearly behaving like an ass and thus does not deserve to hold down a job. OK, the OP made some mistakes, but if the CEO can still remember him vividly after all this time, the OP definitely failed to correct these mistakes, despite having numerous chances to stop being an asshole. My point is You Deserve It.

You totally deserved it! That being said...where in the hell is the CEO's maturity? Security?! Really?! Wow.

I wonder why everyone assumes OP is the bad guy... I agree, your life sucks (3736) - you totally deserved it (50071) ??!!?? what if the CEO was an ass as a kid which is why people made fun of him...

ahhhhahahahahahaha!!!! my parents always say tht is gonna happen to me

Should have thought of it at the time. Serves you right.

YDI 100%! I was bullied constantly in high school and middle school, so badly that I contemplated suicide. If you think I will ever completely recover from that, you're retarded. If you say bullying isn't mentally and physically harmful, then you have never been bullied badly. I stopped eating, had constant tension headaches, pretended I was sick to miss school, and my grades dropped from all "A"'s to low "C"'s. If I ever run into the people who tormented me that badly, I wouldn't just have you kicked out of the building. I would have decked 'em in the face.

icertainlysuck 0
Jenny444_fml 0

This is a lesson that life gives you. Treat people how you want to be treated because you may need them later in life. YDI big time. Hope you learned.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 0

as bill gates once said, be nice to nerds. chances are, you'll eventually work for one.