By Brian - 04/05/2009 23:27 - United States

Today, I had my first real meeting with my girlfriend's parents. We had dinner at a pretty upscale restaurant and everything was going great. When the check came, I offered to pay and I stood up to take out my wallet. When I opened it, 3 condoms fell out on the table in front of them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 545
You deserved it 64 571

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who put those condoms in my wallet?

ydi, for not listening to your high school sex ed teacher when they told you that keeping condoms in your wallet can cause them to be exposed to higher temperatures and/or weird conditions that affect their effectiveness.

Comments

To be honest, unless the parents are a) HEAVILY conservative or b) really naive, or the girl in question is pretty young, I doubt they were surprised or bothered. My parents would probably be a little embarrassed but they certainly wouldn't care - my mother certainly knows we have sex because we're close and my father must assume it. Indeed, my parents thought I was having sex before I actually was! This might be because I'm British, though, and Brits are some of the most sexually liberated peop - oh, wait.

husk3rfan9287 0

Little tip, broseph instead of putting them in your wallet just put one in your back pocket or alot of tri-fold wallets have extra places you can put them in.

RiChY_BaBy08 0

wow... I would imagine that was awkward. and three condoms is about right, thats how many I usually use. but don't store em in your wallett. but what isn't right is you trying to pay for the dinner. The way to get brownie poitns with out paying the whole thing is the tip. $5-10 know what I mean.

FUELEDBYVEE 0

Well, atleast they know you're being safe with their little girl, right? Next time, keep 'em in the back pocket. Or wait, better yet, keep them in your house. ;)

#77, "Check" is the proper spelling in the US. Condoms really shouldn't be kept in a wallet; it can thin the latex. YDI.

reminds me of the alka-seltzer commercial

Hey, safety first, right? But dude, it's a bad idea to keep condoms in your wallet because the latex rips...

Um, why do you keep condoms in your wallet? In front of your girlfriend's parents is bad, but...what if you're paying in a regular situation? Don't you think it's going to be awkward when the cashier sees the three condoms just sitting in your wallet? You deserve it.

I must say, if my daughter's date had condoms, I'd be impressed with his responsibility.