By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

morgan_5230 0

2 dollars an hour? That's ridiculous! and yeah, I wouldn't have caved to that girl's demands. I'd ask her what she wanted and I'd make it for her. but a whole 24 dollar pizza, negative!

$2.00 an hour is WAAAAAY below minimum. He got a deal. Make sure you're unavailable the next time he calls.

Did you tell him that you ordered pizza for his kid? Did you remind him how long he was gone? You could have haggled for more if you did a great enough job babysitting that he'd want you back. I would have just told the kid they were going to go hungry if they didn't eat what I fixed. They can suck it up if they're hungry enough. Picky kids don't get any sympathy from me.

What a douche.. 20 dollars for 10 hours is just incredibly retarded.. i could've sworn there were labor laws such as minimum wage that protected people like you..

what a cheap ass dad, 20 bucks for 10 hours? hopefully the kid wasnt 2 bad? after the food atleast

Jefe_fml 0

Assuming you ate pizza too, so meh.

Edge578 0

Cheapass parents. That sucks.

Kids are bastards. YDI for watching kids in the first place. And accepting to get paid 2 bucks an hour. Retard.. Oh, but you DO sound like a nice person. To order pizza, I mean. Nice of you. Just... Nice never gets many people anywhere. God, I hate people nowadays. Especially adults. Mostly because of this site.

I wouldn't have bought the pizza. If the girl got hungry enough she would have frigging eaten whatever was in the house.

$20 for 10 hours? that would suck even if you hadnt ordered the pizza. thats like $2 an hour. People should pay babysitters at least what minimum wage is. but hopefully you got to eat some of the pizza too