By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

1) Who said it was up to you to pay to feed the kid? You should have handed him the bill. OR 2) If the kid's over 4 or 5 that's when you tell them... You'll eat your dinner or I'll call your parents. If the kid still says no, call the parents or tell the kid, "fine. You'll eat if you get hungry enough" the kid won't die if it misses one dinner and now the kid knows that if it refuses to eat for you again, you'll just cave and buy it pizza.

meliese 0
Sondra16 0

wow i would be so pissed i babysit enough to not get like a real part time job considering im only 16 so i would be like setting my limit for how much i should get an hour if you buy pizza or not!

why is everyone so worked up about the $19 pizza. it all depends where she lives. in my neighborhood, i get a large pizza for $16. but 5 dollars is really a large tip. 15% is usually the norm. but seriously, tell the guy that u bought a pizza, he'll reimburse you. and tell him that $2 an hour is really nothing.

FYL for getting ripped off twice: buying a 19 dollar pizza (and giving a $5 tip?! did the delivery person have sex with you?), and then being paid almost nothing for babysitting. Protip: negotiate rates before agreeing to babysit. If they won't be reasonable, refuse.

balanceMMX 0

i hope you ate some, too. surely you didn't buy a large pizza just for the kid? that kid needs to learn to stop being picky or starve.

2 dollars per hour? **** that! Next time you babysit, make sure you're paid well!

Wow, you should have babysat somewhere where the person would be willing to pay you more than 1/3 of the minimum wage. For putting up with a brat like that, I would've charged 10 bucks an hour. You should have told him about the pizza or complained about the kid to make him pay you more.

DiSab 0

$20 for 10 hours?? What an asshole. Last time you'll be watching his kids, I'm sure.

1.) 25% is way too much tip... especially since some pizza places factor tips into their delivery bill. 2.) $20 for 10 hours is so wrong. You have my sympathies.