By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

kaydow87 0

what a jerk -- thats like 2 dollars an hour. what a rip off. he def took advantage of you.

That is crazy. Agree on a price beforehand. And you shouldn't have bought the pizza in the first place. Lol... I babysat someone, and his mom gave me her credit card to order Chinese. The person I was babysitting was 11 at the time, and I was 15, so it wasn't that bad because we just watched Harry Potter.

liquidpaper 0

Pizza aside, $2 an hour? And you didn't say anything to him about it?

eh, the babysitting sounded like a favor for which the father proffered an honorarium. On the pizza, you shouldn't have caved...eventually little won't eat will eat SOMETHING. Remember: you're temporary. If she won't eat real food, offer her snack food, don't order out for pizza....doesn't have to be a balanced meal. Sounds a little like you decided you were wanting pizza, used her as a pretext and thought her dad would cough up a $50 instead of a $20. Oh, and a standard tip is 20%....you overtipped. Unless you're courting extreme service from the local pizza place. I have been known to intermittently drop the carrier an extra $10 when I get it fast...word gets around that it's SOMETIMES, but I tend to get good service.

Trooth 13

pizza hut pizza only costs $5 (so most pizzas should cost around there, not $19) and wow...only $20 for 10 hours. That is soooo not worth it. You should've gotten a couple of hundred I believe

theArkenstone 0

can't believe he only gave you a twenty! you should have slapped him in the face. i got 70 for watching a sleeping baby for 4 & 1/2 hr. even a cheap sitter is 5 an hr.

LMAO@25. Do you recognize the difference between .002 cents and .002 dollars?

wow. i didn't know people asked permission to order food for the kids they babysat. it's not like he asked the parent to pay for it (OBVIOUSLY) and if it's a health concern the parent should tell the babysitter beforehand. i would think a parent would be more pissed if their kid didn't have dinner than if they had one less than healthy meal. give me a break. and wow, that guy is a total douche. you totally got jipped.

madomis 0

i would of been like "SCREW YOU" cause 10 hours isen't worth 20 bucks.. thats 2 bucks an hour.. that sucks.