By Anonymous - 20/09/2014 15:28 - Sweden - Kung?lv

Today, I looked up my childhood bully on Facebook, hoping she'd gone fat and ugly. Turns out she's drop-dead gorgeous and very successful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 142
You deserved it 14 088

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL because you're still wasting time thinking about the past instead of moving on.

"An ugly personality destroys a pretty face"

Comments

Jellysweetheart 23

Well there's still hope. Wait until she gets married! Or doesn't hopefully. If she does, pray for her husband.

High school makes everyone act like a douche in some way or another. It's not a good reason to have bad wishes for their future.

r_bruce69 19

she may well have changed. what good does it do for her to have a miserable life just because of the things she did years ago?

Mortoli 30

Lol not gonna completely agree with you. guys at my high school were awful. Even me. But i learned my lessons. Still hated school mind you but nvm bout that. These guy were messing with girls the wrong way I hated it. but instead of fighting i decided to talk to one of them first. I didn't hear of much else happening but wouldn't surprise me much they rarely listen to me anyways lol. I don't wish the worst of them but I sure as hell don't wish the best. Except this one dude though surprisingly in the end I pretty certain he got with one of the girls that was a somewhat friend of mine which shocked me. So rude to her at first. Disrespectful and all but still they became good friends in the end shocked the heck out of me that for sure. Though with right girl any man can change. Hope rest those idiots learned their lessons. As much as I don't like them like I said don't wish the worst of them. Remember your codes gents and don't harm girls only cowards do that.

Well that's a real bummer. Karma should have hit her with an ugly stick.

Still, it's not to say she'll become a ***** or stripper or something. Go through a series of bad marriages, perhaps?

Lct1196 31

There is still time for karma to hit her with said ugly stick.

datkid117 13

Or maybe karma already got to her and she decided to change herself for the better?

fearlesscooldude 12

Maybe her dream was to become a stripper and she is now depressed being unable to do so, idk maybe she just can't pole dance

I recommend you Google "just world fallacy". When it comes to all this "karma" woo, it's very enlightening.

#83 the weird thing is, I personally believe in karma but without being given any context I would never perceive negative events happening to other people as some sort of 'retribution' for some past behaviour. That being said, I'm not a fanatic about it, I mean of course some of the nicest people go through the greatest suffering and some of the most horrible people live like kings but generally I believe what goes around comes around - whether it's today, or a few years, or several decades later... OP's bully may have regretted her past actions, changed, and become a nicer person. Maybe karma already happened to her and made her do some serious personality recalibration.. or maybe it is yet to happen but will happen some day. Maybe it will never happen, and she'll just cruise on through life, as some people do. Honestly OP, you shouldn't fret about it, you have your own life to live and if you haven't yet let go of how she treated you years ago you're the one who's gonna be suffering more than her.

#60 is right. I suggest everyone Google "karma". It's been westernized and made into an idea that people get what they deserve, which all evidence points in the other direction. The next life is where you pay your karmic debt.

#104 I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain myself, so thank you. I don't actually have that religious point of view. I was merely pointing out that's what karma is.

Well said #100. Took the words right from me.

"An ugly personality destroys a pretty face"

She probably doesn't have an ugly personality. She was probably just insecure in highschool.

No.21, being insecure is still no excuse to bully someone else.

ChristianH39 30

27 it isn't. But an immature sense of empathy often causes kids (depending on how old they were) to be cruel to one another for no good reason. This lady OP is wishing ill on might not be such a bad person anymore.

When people mature after high school and get into the real world, they usually change. I've ran into lots of people who weren't the nicest guys in high school and they're usually grown up now. Not saying that everyone changes, some people will forever be D-Bags. I'm just saying the immaturity usually sheds off of people really fast once they age a bit. Live and let live, etc. There is my old man wisdom, good day all.

FYL because you're still wasting time thinking about the past instead of moving on.

maybe she has scars from the past and hoped to get a small karma revenge? haven't we all tracked a person, who somehow left a deep impression on us, on the internet? I know I have.

Or, OP has moved on, but just happened to think of the past and decided to look them up. Just because they looked them up doesn't mean they're still attached and haven't let go.

I think OP's wish that she got fat and ugly is proof that she hasn't moved on.

Facebook doesn't tell the real story though. She could be as miserable as sin for all you know!

^ this. Facebook profiles show what the person wants you to see, not what's actually there.

littleteapot 21

She could be really unhappy. Great looks don't equal great life. Also, try not to judge her based on how she acted as a child. Sometimes people grow up.

No one escapes karma, just give it some time