By Anonymous - 07/05/2009 04:29 - Korea Republic of

Today, I picked up my passport, as my previous one was damaged in a car crash. As the teller warned me that a pattern of damaged passports would result in longer processing periods, she spilled her coffee - all over my new passport. I'm supposed to go overseas in a month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 180
You deserved it 2 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

did you, or did you not, slap her in the face?

Stupid woman. Can you get her to explain that it's her fault and waive the waiting period?

Comments

#18: "Curb Stomp" always makes me think of "American History X" and in so: *shudder* Well, you CAN get a passport process expedited by paying an extra fee. You'd have it in 2 weeks. They should cover this extra cost since this was mos def. their fault. Not a FML, but an inconvenience.

lolsan 0

Heyyy so everyone knows, passports now have microchips in them. The coffee could have damaged that as well as the paper. And people are very fussy about passports. If anything is the slightest bit wrong you get questioned and/or rejected.

Not to mention, we don't know how much coffee she spilled. If she spilled a drop, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but if she spilled her whole cup on it, I could definitely see how it could ruin the passport. My cousin actually had his passport ruined because it was spilled on and if the OP is going to somewhere like the US, they could have a problem. Countries like the US are very picky about passports and very strict about getting in, unless you are a US citizen.

alexgisforme3 0

oh hey im back LOL thats stupid haha but did the coffee like ruin it? i thought you could wash it or something. but id be really pissed at that chick lol its like dont ******* spill your coffee on peoples new passports bitch!!! lol

LeftHanded_fml 0

Haha #1 made me lol. But yeah, that sucks.

AK 2

Her fault. Make her put you at the top of the queue.

cut her head off and take it to her manager. demand a new one asap.

Demand that the passport office give you one with rush-processing. They can get it done in a day.

I hope you bitch slapped that woman.

If you have to go over seas in a month why dont you just go to a private expiditing service. Although I have to tell you, I think this is a fake. My boyfriend's family has their own expiditing service and i've NEVER EVER heard of some bogus line like "a damaged passport..." They just reissue you one. If anything that is what takes a while. but again, you can go througha service that can get you your docs within 2 wks, 1 wk, 3 days, 24hr.