By Anonymous - 10/01/2012 17:43 - India

Today, I received a letter from the state saying my 14-year-old daughter is now legally recognized as a male. I have no idea what happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 387
You deserved it 5 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dad, there's something i have to tell you...

I think it's time for a talk with your " daughter".

Comments

Time to get some gloves and a large knife out.

golfluva 0

It's in India so it may be different there

For your sake OP, maybe this was an accident and you received the letter by mistake. Otherwise talk to your child and be supportive, try to understand the situation because there's a good.chance you will be needed for emotional support.

GovernorGeneral 8

#153 LOL. nice one haha. i thought you were serious until you said a penis fell out xD

Domomachino 4

At age 14 you are legally an adult in psychological cases (ie. gender changes, refusing medicatition for schizophrenia, etc.) Don't throw the wife under the bus, it's how your current son (former daughter) was raised.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Dropping a baby wont, but a rare genetic condition can cause a child who appears female (but is actually biologically male) to suddenly drop a penis at puberty. It only occurs in a remote area of greece though. The more you know!!! ;)

MerrikBarbarian 9

Info on condition for those curious 5-alpha-reductase deficiency. People with 5-alpha-reductase deficiency lack the enzyme needed to convert testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). There are at least five different types of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency. Some of the babies have normal male genitalia, some have normal female genitalia, and many have something in between. Most change to external male genitalia around the time of puberty.

On the plus side, your day got a bit more exciting with that bit of news.

StromyG2 10

Now that's what I call a sale! You got 2 for the price of 1