By peonypiney - 03/11/2011 19:32 - United States

Today, I spent over 20 minutes trying to convince my daughter that the word she was trying to use was "Back-pack" and not "Back-back". I never convinced her. She is 16 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 355
You deserved it 6 364

peonypiney tells us more.

peonypiney 6

This is my FML. YES, she is extremely blonde and believe it or not, a straight A student. I have never noticed she said it that way before until she had it written down. I've never caught it because we usually say "Book Bag". Her older brother finally convinced her through mockery and laughter.

Comments

DanGleesak 11

She has obviously never watched Dora the explorer. They sing about backpacks in every friggen episode.

XenaWP 6

Ydi for not teaching her the correct terminology from the start. It's your fault she will fail at life. Tsk tsk.

Not sure of FYL or YDI. If she told me this, I'd be pissed.

Not sure of FYL or YDI. If she told me this, I'd be pissed. Seriously.

Atleasy you don't have to pay money for college.

boarder540 12

Wow shes pretty stupid then haha, no offense.

truebrotrue 7

She should take her "back" to grammar school

xosportsgirl14x 8

57- *at least Also, I got over the thought that it was "backback" when I was 5.

LiveLaughFML 10

this is a memory from my childhood.. "anything that you might need, I got it all for you! backpack, backpack. backpack, backpack. backpack, backpack. YAY!" - Dors the Explorer

Is it weird that it's really hard for me to say Back-Back without accidentally saying Back-Pack

Why are people thumbing down Xena? Your children are the product of YOUR rearing, unless you're an absentee parent. And if that's the case, it's even moreso your fault how they turn out!

Lol this FML reminded me of "Jack Jack" from the incredibles :)

Try 'book bag', she might be able to understand that one.

"Sorry mom I forgot my back-back!" "Your what? "My back-back?" "What...The....****...?"

@ 74, Thanks for correcting me. Why are people thumbing xosportsgirl14x down. She was just correcting me and improving my english.

She'd better be REALLY hot, or else she won't get very far in life.

Obviously one child left behind wouldn't hurt.

I used to think it was called a "back sack" ... But then again I was only 6 O_o

She's obviously trying to warn you about something.. Back, back, GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Who the **** really cares? So she calls it something different, big ******* whoop. Some people I know call them "pack-sacks". Here's a news flash, it doesn't mean anything. She can still function normally right? I mean is her saying "back-back" keeping her in special ed or something? Quit your bitching because it sounds like you just have a problem with her saying it. Did it ever occur to you that she could be saying it like that to piss you off? Gah, you're stupid.

Marcella1016 31
bfsd42 20

Why everyone thumb down 39? She is right. Good parenting = Clever children.

bfsd42 20

57, you are right about " at least", but your admission made me thumb you down.

She'll probably wind up making a living on her back-back for men every night...

llZombiell 5

I think 159 is just mad because she lost her back-back full of tampons and antidepressants :(

If you remember Dora explorer being in your childhood....your obviously still a child.

Marcella1016 31

Thanks 188...I kinda wanted to say all that but didn't feel like typing it lol An I still dont see why it upset 159 so much :P

iAmPaul 49

173 - 57 was incorrect, and she was corrected by 74, there was nothing wrong with the conversation until you butted in. -.-

She was probably just messing with you, she's 16. I do that, and I'm 16.

Wow--does she understand the correct way to say it now? I mean sometimes people argue their side of the argument just to make themselves not sound stupid. Especially teenagers.

Shes obv not the brighest crayon in the box

ceilingfans 1

Or the sharpest tool in the shed.

rallets 22

or the shiniest coin in the jar

The spelling of 2's comment makes my mind scream "IRONY!!"

you're "obv" not the brightest crayon . *obvIOUSLY

Damn you combo breakers, I couldnt make my Juno reference in time

She must be the colour gray, not so bright.

She's not the sharpest light in the coin jar.

Goodlife918975 6

Sorry about ^. The other comment got moderated

ikickgingers 15

Somebody's a few fries short of a full Happy Meal.

50, it's not the size of the boat. It's the motion of the ocean!

37 that's the short form of obviously. If you don't like it then don't read it.

You spelled brightest wrong, she wasn't talking about your abbreviation.

53- Yes, but it takes a long time to get to England in a row boat.

xSonic 9

Too many metaphors.... Ahhhh!!!!

Or use reverse phycology call it a back back (excuse spelling)

lmfao_shame 9

who cares if she says back-back they sound the same...

We are going to have to take you town town

Shes 16, shes probably just messing with her mom.

Mister_Triangle 21

"Satchel" is also an acceptable name for it.

BlackBelt4Me 7

Reeaalllyyy? Is she blond? Or just that stubborn? >.

To be honest I think the blonde stereotype is pretty funny (and yes, I'm blonde, too).

KiddNYC1O 20
BellaBelle_fml 23

I don't mind being blonde, it gives me an excuse for my occasional lapses in intelligence. Whereas brunettes don't have an excuse, they are simply stupid.

bizarre_ftw 21

108 - just to be clear: gingers may have no souls, but they're freakin BAMFs (the girls anyway, guys have a harder time pulling off gingerdom) and will most DEFINITELY take over the world some day, two of my best friends are gingers, btw

Apparently the school shes in is not very effective.

crazyrunnergirl 7

No offense but I did not learn how to say " back-pack" in school. I learned from my family. That generally goes for other people to.

Apparently americans get a ba education ZIIING!

FYLDeep 25

What the hell does she need a backpack for? It doesn't sound like she's the type of person who goes to school.

iDaniel525 8

What kinda Backback does she have?

stacianichole 2

The kind that's on the back of the back. It doesn't go on your back, but on the backer part of the back. The MOST backest back.

Wouldn't the back of the back be the front? Which, when I was in HS, was how a lot of kids wore their knapsacks.

KiddNYC1O 20
thissucksfmll 0

It was probably made in china.

well I would blame it on the generation that raised us :P