By peonypiney - 03/11/2011 19:32 - United States

Today, I spent over 20 minutes trying to convince my daughter that the word she was trying to use was "Back-pack" and not "Back-back". I never convinced her. She is 16 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 355
You deserved it 6 364

peonypiney tells us more.

peonypiney 6

This is my FML. YES, she is extremely blonde and believe it or not, a straight A student. I have never noticed she said it that way before until she had it written down. I've never caught it because we usually say "Book Bag". Her older brother finally convinced her through mockery and laughter.

Comments

perdix 29

She ain't gonna make it in the doggy-dog world.

FYLDeep 25

I hope that's a "Modern Family" reference.

perdix 29

No, it wasn't. I was in my 20's when I realized that it was a "dog eat dog world." I won five bucks from my friend who bet that the phrase that he thought was "to get your goad" was actually "to get your goat." People mishear things all the time.

FYLDeep 25

Oh really? They just made a joke about that last week for the Halloween episode with Sofia Vergara's character not being able to understand things with her accent.

Funny thing is, "get your goad" actually makes a lot more sense. Goad being a term for a cattle-driving prod (electrical or otherwise), that IS something you might retrieve when something is really peeving you. I'm not sure how bothering someone grants you ownership of their goat, conversely.

PinkFun1969 9

actually she just might make it in a doggie style world;-)

Wow. In this day and age, I am sad to be a teen.

And you didn't teach her this when she was little because of ...?

If she's hot please post her #!!! Gotta keep those jeans oops genes in the jeanpool!

GVirdi 11

What's with u losers wanting her number? Can get a girl or do u think she's dumb enough to think ur hot?

Haha, my 6 year old son says Pack-Pack. I guess I better start drilling it into him now before he hits 16.

You mean it's not a back back! Man, I had it wrong all these years! Haha! Seriously, you raised her, you taught her, Y.D.I.!!!!!

Does it matter? They sound the same when you say it out loud.

peonypiney 6

This is my FML. YES, she is extremely blonde and believe it or not, a straight A student. I have never noticed she said it that way before until she had it written down. I've never caught it because we usually say "Book Bag". Her older brother finally convinced her through mockery and laughter.

lexi365 20

Yeah. She's in AP/IB classes :)

sweettpie129 11

Thanks for the followup. Gotta ask as I often do, though: Why do people in these situations never turn to the internet for a second opinion? If a quick, simple search on places like Wikipedia or Google doesn't provide compelling enough evidence.... Granted, that's not always convenient, depending on where the argument occurs.

How old is her brother and is he single? Because I'd do the exact same thing.