By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

Why would a homeless person necessarily know about debit cards? All the money he comes in contact with is either coins or paper money

@ #125: Yes, it IS a terrible idea to give him some money. The majority of homeless people blow their money on alcohol and/or drugs. You're doing nothing but enabling him.

Screw that! That happens to me all the time when I go out to the bar! Tell the bum to get a freaking job next time! Irritates me so bad.

why wouldn't you say you paid with debit? then you wouldn't have had any cash or change anyways... fyl for not thinking.

you have to have your frappuchino so damn bad you can't give it up for 1 day so that poor man can eat? YDI

karenmarie 0

The problem with giving bums money is they use it get drunk and act like an ass like that.

twindaddy 0

Did you have change, or did you just use your debit card to buy the coffee? Either way, I would've told him you used your card and didn't have any cash.

jerk, homeless are the future somehow!!! they just made some bad dicissions

You did the right thing. Do not ever give a homeless person money. Once you take out your wallet it makes it very easy to grab. Do not even make eye contact, just speed walk past them. Giving money to random people on the street is dangerous and just promotes it. If you really want to give them something offer to buy them McD's or something.

insane_chick 0

i guess that its pretty much habit to say, but yeah you pretty much deserved that one. There's been a few times I go out to get lunch or a coffee, and I end up giving homeless or broke people all my money. I'm like D'oh!