By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

trilliamme 0

Screw everyone that says you should have given him some money or told him that you used a credit card. You don't have to satisfy your conscious by telling him you used a cc. It's none of his damn business. You tell him no. That's all he needs to hear. If someone else wants to give him a buck then fine but don't think that anyone here has any right to influence you to do so.

You should have told him you paid with a credit card.

Ass but you I'd kind of deserve it for lying

Tell him you bought it with a credit/debit card, doofus.

brrrx 0

The majority of homeless people are mentally ill and incapable of maintaining a job. In Ontario at least, thank Mike Harris for reducing welfare and emptying the psychiatric hospitals - now they're all on the street. That being said, you're in no way obligated to give him money, unless you believe in karma/the afterlife/all that jazz - that's your perogative. And who are you to say whether or not the homeless guy deserves the money? Even if he spends it on drugs or alcohol, at least he'll be happy. Is it really your place to say? If you're that judgemental about his spending habits, buy the guy a bagel or a coffee and give him that. Don't justify your miserly tendencies by saying he'll just "waste it."

All I know is in my city, they have places for the homeless that give them food, shelter, clean clothes, so screw him, he'll more likely buy drugs and alcohol with it.

#152 why dont u STFU? my cp is F***ed up

GeneralBE 0

I would have started yelling and swearing at him telling him to get a job and stop being a drain on society. Also I would have yelled at him for thinking he was entitled in any way to your money.

i always just told them i used my debit card. u owe them nothing.