By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

you could have just said you only had debit or credit.

LOL, YDI I guess. But then again, FYL because why should you give a homeless person your money? It's a bad idea to waste your money on them anyways, they usually spend it on alcohol and drugs. If the guy was really starving, he'd ask you to buy him something to eat. If a homeless person comes up to you, offer to take him to McDonalds or something. If he declines, then he's just after booze. hahaha that's funny though.

Its not ur fault, hes a ******* homeless guy, he isnt entitled to your money, he has done absolutely nothing to get your money, you earned that money through hard work. you could spend all your money on shit and it wouldnt matter. because it is your money.

coffeennicotine 0

That's why you always say "I don't carry cash, sorry" instead of "I'm broke" then if that happens just be like "I used my credit card, sorry"

to everyone that said "you shouldve just dropped a couple of quarters and ran away **** u YDI you shouldnt have to give those wastes of space anything, they made their decisions and you made yours, some of u will disagree with me but if the really didnt want to be like that they would be out there trying their hardest to get a job and make their own money so they can get back on their feet

What a horrible angry man. You don't have give a a beggar anything. He definitely didn't deserev any money.

Why the hell would you deserve that? The man is obviously rude anyways, so he doesnt deserve free money if he's going to be a jerk about it. Its your money, you spend it however you want.

#106, out of the three homeless people that have asked me for money in the past year, two were obviously intoxicated, so it's not too much to assume that they wanted money for their addictions. Besides, homeless people usually don't die of starvation, unless they don't know where the shelter/soup kitchen is, so no one is putting a life in jeopardy by not sparing some change. And it's in no way appropriate to run after a person and swear at them - if someone else had done that, it would have been called assault. If you want to be charitable, give time or money to homeless shelters, and tell the homeless people to go there and get job training, instead of begging. That said, I voted YDI for the strawberry frappucino. When I drink coffee, it's brewed fresh at home, not from a chain coffee shop.

It's not a shitty situation for you. You got away without him stealing your money, and you pissed him off which made it even more lulz.