By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

sarawr 0

I find it infuriating with everybody who's like "you should have just given him money". I live in NYC and if you did too you would realize if you gave every bum you met $1 you'd be broke as hell as well.

peepo 0

Agreed with #20 the only reason homeless people are homeless is because they were to lazy to try to work and probably ditched school. He's a retard he hasn't heard of debit or credit cards. FYL. for those of you who say The OP is selfish he's not. It would be kind to give him money but after he cussed you out? Most homeless people spend their money on instruments to play for money or subway or drugs.

FajitaFreak 3

Even assuming he's lazy, I'd still help him out. Being homeless isn't something I would wish upon even my worst enemy.

Not only do I not understand why this is an FML in the first place, I do not understand why people are in disagreement that you believe your life is ******. Perhaps it makes me a bad person for not sympathizing with a hobo, but his life is not your problem.

#181 you're an ass. There are many factors that cause homelessness. It is not just laziness--that is probably the least reason. It is very complicated, and would take too long to explain, and a dumb shit like you wouldn't even understand, so I won't even try. OP, you're a stuck up prick. Give the guy some change. YDI. But also, FYL kinda--it must of been awkward having him follow you down the street and yell at you.

You never know whether or not they are truly homeless. I once gave a tenner to a seemingly nice homeless guy, I went into the shop, when I came out again the guy had the audacity to roll down his window of his airconditioned dark tinted lexus and ask for the notes in my hand, then called me a bitch when I said no way.

hello69_fml 0

you could have just claimed you had a gift card

liquidpaper 0

That bum isn't entitled to your money, and you shouldn't feel that way either. If you're really feeling guilty about it, make a donation to your local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. At least that way you know your money's going to good use and not going toward booze/drugs.

vstuart1 0

I used to live in an eclectic part of town. My neighbor would pretend to be homeless, and wave at me on my way to work, holding up a sign for money. She made some good bucks to finance her drug habit on the side. I don't think twice about lying when I tell folks asking for money I only carry a debit card. Anyone giving money to a homeless person, for the most part, is enabling a destructive habit. The people who really need constructive help go through organizations equiped to make a positive difference in their life.