By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

calicokitea 0

use the excuse that you had a gift card! :)

cuzsis 0

For all of you saying they should've given him money and it was selfish not to. "Give me money! It's selfish for you not to!" /sounds weird, doesn't it?

Tell him to piss off, you don't owe him a thing.

lingfeng 0

Sometimes I actually *don't* have change/cash on me, though, just cards. I often go into places like Starbucks and just buy things with my credit card. I'm not about to give a homeless guy (or anyone else) my credit card. o.-

Man, I never want to give money to homeless people, but I always feel so bad when I don't give them anything :(

Islander_fml 5

FYL. These ******* homeless people need to get the **** out of our faces asking for money. We already pay their unemployment/disability checks with our taxes. They should earn their own money. There are jobs disabled people can do. And if they're too mentally unstable to hold down a job, they should commit themselves to state mental institutions or some such shit. Or they can live on the streets. Whatever. What they CANNOT do is demand money from us as if it is their right. It is not their right. It's called "begging" for a reason.

Reyo 2

That's why you tell the guy that you only have enough money to buy a coffee, which would be the only form of nurishment you'd get that day. If he doesn't get that you need the money after that, then he can go f--- himself.

brendiz 0

sounds like he didn't deserve it anyway, most bums just say god bless you anyway...which makes you feel guilty. lol

CassandraBear93 0

YDI for not sparing some effing change, you couldv'e gotten a normal price drink at dunkins and had a dollar or so to give to him

Why do bums act like everyone owes them something? I know some people can't help how their life turns out but come on, not everyone has money to be handing out to all the bums. Most people work very hard for their money and can do whatever they want with it, whether that is giving it to a bum or not. Obviously there was something mentally wrong with him if he followed you and yelled at you. Change? ... Change? ... Change?