By Noname - 26/02/2009 15:30 - United States

Today, I was a TA for a history class and the class was taking a test. About halfway through, I noticed one kid had a small piece of paper in his hand. I ran up the row, grabbed his test, and ripped it into four pieces. Then I took the note from him. It said "I believe in you, -Mom." FML
I agree, your life sucks 86 102
You deserved it 476 118

Same thing different taste

Comments

There are so many things wrong with this story. Both the TA and the student ****** up. Get over it, all of you. Proctoring a test (at least for the first time or two) can be pretty nerve-wracking in itself. Especially since you're not the teacher. You have a responsibility to make sure no one cheats, and that's not especially easy. Everyone here seems to be under the impression that this TA wasn't nervous like the students taking the test. So yeah, tearing up the test was stupid. So was reading the note during the middle of the test in the first place. But they were both emotional responses to stress. Every single one of you needs to calm the f*ck down. Also, I fail to see why high school vs. college matters. Doesn't change what happened. Doesn't change the fact that it was stupid. Who gets notes from Mom after second grade, anyway?

slyvanilla_creme 0

usually when tests are being given, ALL things should be off the desk besides the test materials and a pen or pencil, so maybe she thought it was his crib sheet. but going on auto drive like that and ripping the test up is going overboard. OP should have checked the sheet in his hand first. i can see how someone could think the kid was cheating though. but seriously, the mom believes in him and look at what happens? i'd be pissed if i had to fill bubbles in again or rewrite an essay.

King_of_Kings 3

i think that TA needs psychological help. who agrees?

sweetjosephine 0

@22 I lol'd, a lot. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR It seems to me that the student would be young. Yeah, there's a chance of the over prtoective mother sending her 21 year old to school with notes, but what 21 year old whould keep it like that? I think the age would be around 8 for that to happen, and in that case, you are WAY out of line. If he is 21, then you're just regularly out of line.

majellah 0

Ripping was a bit much. I don't think you're a horrible soul crushing person though. Even if the kid has confidence problems or whatever, he shouldn't get special treatment and get to have little notes from his mom out, especially if this was at a college or even high school level. If he does get special treatment, I'm sure you would have been notified of it.

lalalala_fml 0
lifeisfuckedup 0

who rips up tests? judging by you being a TA I am assuming it's a college class. That is so juvenile. I hope you were super embarrassed in front of everyone and that you got fired :)

#25 the OP never even said it was college... it could be highschool, and in college a kid probably wouldnt have a note from mom saying she believes in you LOL you'd be an adult :S That sounds like something I would do (actually I wouldn't but i'm saying I would be someone to mess something up before looking and finding out 'oh.. opps'). I think that sucks, but it was your fault at the same time. Oh well, it's not like you'll really be in trouble, just use the "you could have been cheating" then talk to the teacher with the kid or something. Just a misunderstanding, it happens.

King_of_Kings 3

hey #219, this is #17. i am a douche for defending myself and doing future students a favor by having that TA fired? someone like that doesnt need to be around students. and in a world where you are only looking out for yourself, you cant let people get away with giving you crap. so yeah. i would have that TA fired if i were that student. rip up my test like that!?!? WELL F**K YOU!! FOR DOING THAT TO ME, I AM MAKING SURE YOU WILL BE FIRED! never let anyone get away with giving you crap. thats my advise