By Anonymous - 10/10/2010 21:47 - Canada

Today, I was eating Jell-O and was reading a fact website, when I read that gelatin is made from the collagen in cow or pig bones. I'm vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 529
You deserved it 68 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you haven't been a vegetarian too long. Any respectable vegetarian knows gelatin is made from animals. YDI

kellanlvr 1

I learned that in 2nd grade -___-

Comments

glorialaura21 8

eew! that's gross I didn't kno that! hmm what was the website!?

Hey Helena. Guess what? Sticking your butt out like that doesn't make you look any cuter. All it does is make you look more like a hoe.(: Just checking if you knew. Have a good day. :D

Slim_Shadyy_fml 0

yep. I never trusted Jello anyways...

dealwithitkid 0

how stuff works: "The gelatin in Jell-O is what lets you transform it into all sorts of different shapes. What exactly is gelatin? Gelatin is just a processed version of a structural protein called collagen that is found in many animals, including humans. Collagen actually makes up almost a third of all the protein in the human body. It is a big, fibrous molecule that makes skin, bones, and tendons both strong and somewhat elastic. As you get older, your body makes less collagen, and individual collagen fibers become crosslinked with each other. You might experience this as stiff joints (from less flexible tendons) or wrinkles (from loss of skin elasticity). The gelatin you eat in Jell-O comes from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues. To make gelatin, manufacturers grind up these various parts and pre-treat them with either a strong acid or a strong base to break down cellular structures and release proteins like collagen. After pre-treatment, the resulting mixture is boiled. During this process, the large collagen protein ends up being partially broken down, and the resulting product is called gelatin. The gelatin is easily extracted because it forms a layer on the surface of the boiling mixture." Mmm, connective tissues soaked in acid. How appetizing.

omg!!! I'm eatin jello n I'm a vegetarian!!!!!!!

LOL. Fail OP. You should have known that being a Veggie Freak. FYL!

Blaw023 0

Actually, YOU'RE an idiot. "Your" is possessive. If you want to school someone, you should probably do it intelligently.

good news. bones aren't made of meat. therefore you didn't break vegetarian laws. chow down.

DylanDavidson 0

How do you think they get the bones out of animals? A syringe? Stupid.