By Madster15 - 15/09/2013 06:05 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was home alone and heard the kitchen tap turn on. Shocked, I turned it off. It continuously kept turning itself on so I set my video phone on it to find out the cause. My cat has learnt to turn it on. I later found said cat teaching another. I have three cats. All my taps are like this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 538
You deserved it 4 595

Madster15 tells us more.

OP here, I actually found it rather cute more than annoying, when I'm out though the cats will be too. vasoline and Vicks on the tap? no thanks, that would make ME avoid the taps too. changing the faucets all over my house could be more expensive than anything. the cat puns....please don't. number 23 should also be shunned, cat hater. lastly, I should point out I have three cats because one was stray, if I give him to a shelter she will be killed because she is rather unfriendly at times.

Top comments

The perfect plan by the cats. Raising the water bill...perfect crime.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I thought cats like to drink water? Or maybe it's like a toy to them.

THAT'S what you find strange about this FML?

True, but it's a cats duty to annoy us :p

JuliaaNoelle 26

When I was little I had a cat that loved water. He would drink out of the sink while it was running and jump in the bath with me. Haha

Yes, though cats can be very mischievous at times

There are some cats that will ONLY drink water out of a running sink!

CrassKal 27

OP can try putting Vaseline on the handles or something. If the cats don't like getting greasy stuff on their paws, they may leave the sink alone.

TheCaramelKing 11

48, there's no need for 2 wet ******* in the bath unless there's a camera.

duma191 21

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#65, I'm sure OP doesn't want Vaseline all over her hands..

My cat won't drink out of his bowl. He will run in the shower with me, and then drink the water after the taps are turned off. I've even caught him drinking the water out of the toilet.

Could try putting dogs on the taps, cats might leave it alone then

My cats used to drink out of the toilet when they were kittens, and one them use to jump in the bathtub with my sister.

My cats come ruining when they hear the toilet flush. They seem to be fascinated by the moving water. They peer over the edge and their little heads wobble as the water runs in a spiral. At least they haven't figured out how to flush the toilet. I can imagine 2:00 am...fluuuush.

haileyshelton 14

65, that might be a little annoying for OP if they forget the Vaseline is on the tap..

The perfect plan by the cats. Raising the water bill...perfect crime.

Hugh water bill = no water in the long run, clever

r_bruce69 19

OP shouldn't have been surprised. It's known that cats will take over the world

Or better yet, they are conspiring to flood OP's house while she sleeps, thus making her death look like an accident. :o But I mean, your plan is good too. Point is, cats are evil geniuses.

cats are becoming self aware, I knew the day would come.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If you laughed at this, you must be catatonic. :P

No, it sounds like a kitty situation. You're going to have to fix this right meow. I in-hissed.

If I hear any more bad puns, I'm going to go insane. My friend made a club at school called the "Pun-Slingers" dedicated to wordplay and puns and he constantly makes bad (and good) ones. I can't escape them even here!

42- You should know by now that FML is the last place you should go to avoid puns.

these are some purrty chessey puns! my first time using a pun! I'm so proud!

thrAsHeRr9081 16

56 - Aaaand you failed miserably.

meh. I just had to use a pun. even if it was terrible. I just had to.

Always feel obligted to use a bad pun.

dianafuentes 17

That's pretty funny! At least your house isn't haunted (that was my first thought). Maybe you can get child locks for your taps?

Or tape the sprayer handle and have it aimed so when a cat turns it on.......works everytime!

Only problem being that if you're not home when this happens, the tap is just gonna run and possibly overshoot the sink and ruin your floor. I'm sure the cat won't be returning to shut off the water.

HeadlessSparrow 20

Imagine if cats can answer phone calls from telemarketers or open the door for door to door salesmen... I like cats.

If you have one of those hose sprayers, put a rubber band on it so the cats get sprayed when they turn on the water. Hopefully that old prank works.

But who will be there to turn the water sprayer off once the cats gets scared off? :P

Good point. Of course the user with a cat as their profile picture would find a loophole ;)

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Shake a bag of catnip and then quickly hide it before they come running into your room.