By guy - 30/07/2012 03:24 - United States - Avon Lake

Today, I was taking a walk when I noticed an elderly man on the ground, unmoving. Being a registered nurse, I tried to give him CPR. As my lips touched his, he hacked a loogie and spat it into the back of my throat. I swallowed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 160
You deserved it 5 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ifoundalaska 11

That is definitely one of the most grotesque things I have ever heard in my nineteen years of living.

You should have at least tried waking him up or checking his pulse first..

Comments

Rhondaplp 11

that is the most disgusting thing I have ever read! - I dry reached and had shivered! OMG I would never EVER tell someone that... eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Honestly that is just so screwed up.. I dont want dinner tonight.

I guessing you wrote this with a straight face

Rhondaplp 11

I could hear my co-worker cough up flem while I wrote the comment. It only made things worse....

FYLDeep 25

Sounds fishy. Aren't you supposed to check if the guy is breathing and if his airway is clear beforehand? Seems like that would have alerted you that this guy is crazy prior to starting.

Swallowed? :P ***Don't scream about, don't think aloud Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out Don't worry about, don't speak of doubt Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out

perdix 29

"Swallowed" is by Bush and those are the lyrics to "December" by Collective Soul. Yeah, some of us are stuck in the 80's (& 90's).

I know. I saw both bands in concert before.(: And yeah, I'm stuck big time!!

perdix 29

I saw Collective Soul last year, but I've never seen Bush live . . . the band, that is ;)

Proably the nastiest fml this month

Oh my god! That's so disgusting! Well, at least you did a good deed? I'm sorry, though. FYL indeed.

Yep, I just gagged. If that were me id throw up on him and leave him there.

Well it's a damn good thing he wasn't a heartless bitch like you

1. I would throw up on him because I would throw up almost instantly. No doubt he would be in firing line for being so close. 2. I would leave, gather myself for a minute or two then return. I didn't realize not typing out my 'whole life story' made me a heartless bitch. It's called being human and your first initial reaction to something. Go eat a dick.

You said you would have left him there. That implies not coming back.

You being a nurse failed to follow the most important rule in healthcare . Protect yourself body substance isolation. Why do mouth to mouth without a barrier . Call 911 . And CPR beings with compressions now not breathing . You deserve it probably got something now

Agreed! Although if he wasn't breathing but had a pulse, breathing was the right thing to do. Last thing I heared was that breathing isn't even mandatory anymore, the amount of oxygen you "donate" is that limited that the victim is helped more with constant compressions. Should have checked for obstructions first anyway, if he went down due to an obstruction in his respiratory system, there would have been signs.

It wasn't mentioned but we don't know that they didn't check the vitals, sweep the airway and not try compressions first. You do realize how limited space is to submit a FML right?