By AJShow80 - 13/04/2009 08:51 - United States

Today, I won 20 dollars on a lotto scratch off. My friend, pissed, makes me split the money, saying it was collateral for the gas money used to get us there. He then used his 10 dollars on a scratch off, and won 500 dollars. The jackass wouldn't split it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 123 253
You deserved it 18 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kissothis 6

"friend"? **** that. he could have given you SOMETHING... $500 is enough to hand at least $50 over... unless he was in dire need for that financially.

What a douche. Somebody who throws some shitty hissyfits over ten bucks is the kind of asshole I would distance myself from immediately.

Comments

What an ass. If it was me I would have taken it all because he used your money to pay for the ticket.

melh2o 0

asshole! he could have given you your $10 back AT LEAST. since you did win it, even if he drove you. when friends drive you places, you shouldn't need to pay them back every time unless they're in a financially horrible situation (in which case they shouldn't be driving you anyway).

Kitty34_fml 0

I hate when people expect you to split your scratch card winnings for some random reason. "You only went to the store because I asked you to. I deserve half the winnings." But then doesn't my brother deserve some of the winnings for drinking all the milk, which my mom asked me to go to the store to get? Doesn't Mr. Christie deserve some of the winnings for making cookies that taste better with milk, which was what my brother was eating when he became thirsty? And so on. I ONLY split my winnings if it's agreed upon BEFORE I buy the ticket.

well you should at least get the $10 that you split with him back

he should at least take you to dinner or something.. or give you the $10 back. whatta friend.

@104: Some people (me) have absolutely nothing more worthwhile to do than read all 132 comments at 2 in the morning. Never make generalizations to a large group of people about that same group of people. Someone will always disagree with you. @OP: that sucks. All the people that say you shouldn't expect him to give you anything really need to reevaluate their goals in life. Money isn't the only thing in the world. Endangering a friendship by refusing to split large sums of money you wouldn't have had without the friendship is stupid and selfish. morals, people, morals....

ThisIsWhyImScott 0

@133 ME TOO! (and i agree completely!!)

_mcs_ 0

If you've never had to split for gas before, he was just being a jerk. He really had no reason to split himself, but you should have just kept your money.

AJShow80 0
ditlihi 0