By AJShow80 - 13/04/2009 08:51 - United States

Today, I won 20 dollars on a lotto scratch off. My friend, pissed, makes me split the money, saying it was collateral for the gas money used to get us there. He then used his 10 dollars on a scratch off, and won 500 dollars. The jackass wouldn't split it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 123 253
You deserved it 18 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kissothis 6

"friend"? **** that. he could have given you SOMETHING... $500 is enough to hand at least $50 over... unless he was in dire need for that financially.

What a douche. Somebody who throws some shitty hissyfits over ten bucks is the kind of asshole I would distance myself from immediately.

Comments

#13, the friend could have been asking for $10 not just for gas money for when THEY were riding but for when he needs gas in the future. Either way i still agree with the whole "his friend is a douche" statement.

Hlessirah 3

Heh, reminds me of something that happened to me once. I bought a pack of trading cards, and my friend made me buy one for her too, since her birthday was coming up. I got all bad cards, and she got the rarest card in the game, worth over $100. Ssure, it's unfair, but, alas, that's what you get for being generous. At least you should make him buy you a beer or something. Just try not to be too bitter about it.

Tick_fml 0

Wow. You're dumb for having a friend that's that big of a douche. Wtf, like it actually cost 10 dollars to drive to some gas station? and then he won't give you anything when he wins $500??? what an asswipe, i would have been pissed.

arent friends the best its just 20 bucks too big whoop

beccalee95 0

haha. you have a nice friend. i would have given you $200 sorry : )

I'm betting this is the kind of friend that would try to ditch him at the convenience store if he refused to split the $20 with him. Anyway, OP's friend is a prick simply by not reimbursing him for the ten bucks he used to win such a big payout. This also reminds me why I almost never loan anyone money. They ALWAYS try to make an excuse as to why they shouldn't have to pay me back, even after they said they would.

I'd sue him. Who cares if you win, at least you'll piss him off.

stonerchu 0

You could have used the same argument that he used against you to get a 50/50 split. If you did not give half of your cut to him, then he wouldn't have won that 500 bucks. That or do what #89 because this friend does not look like a keeper.

l33tm0nk3y 0

The least he could do is give you back the $10, at any rate...jeez.