By Anna L. - 25/03/2013 00:23 - United States - San Antonio

Today, it was raining heavily so I wore my black poncho as I walked to work. On the way there I noticed an old and seemingly homeless man following me. I turned around to confront him. He picked up a stick and screamed "Expecto Patronum!" Apparently I look like a dementor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 174
You deserved it 6 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's a clear violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, and I sincerely hope you reported him to the Ministry.

LMFAO. I'm sorry....but that's kinda awesome, actually.

Comments

LMFAO. I'm sorry....but that's kinda awesome, actually.

Lmao probably one of the best FML I've ever seen lol

14- Pft, nah. Dumbledore would never let Dementors into Hogwarts, unless they were guarding the school from a wanted criminal... OP is obviously close to Azkaban.

35-Dumbledore couldn't control the dementors all the time. how else did they end up in Little Whinging?

Wizardo 33

"The Force is in the odds with this muggle" - Sherlock Holmes from Doctor Who

OP: Be gone or I shall suck you...r soul.

Dumbledore? Pfft, what an old coot! He's nothing like Rumbleroar. Rumbleroar's the headmaster at Pigfarts. He's a lion. Who can TALK.

I would have laughed it off, it's not like he saw your face and did that.

That's a clear violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, and I sincerely hope you reported him to the Ministry.

I read that in Dolores Umbridge's voice and I felt like slapping you in the face. I hated that woman so much.

Although as a Dementor is involved, this could be classed as a life or death situation and therefore magic performed in such situation can be in the presence of muggles.

#12, this is true, but to mistake a human (and potential muggle, at that!) for a demontor implies that the wizard in question was overeager in his action. Moreover, to leave the target in posession of her memory after the event without even attempting to notify the Ministry... Unthinkable. #11, it's ok, we all hated her. That's what made her so amazing. She was a fantastic character, but a bloody dreadful person. :')

For gods sake, Dolores, do you need a cough drop?

I wish the homeless guys in my town were that cool!

RpiesSPIES 27

Dementors are awesome, though. You suck heat out of everything around you so you're never cold :D Plus you can feast on people's delicious souls.

TheDrifter 23

Bah, dementors are overrated, far too obvious. If you want the most out of a soul you have to sneak it out without them knowing.

R4inb0wBrit3 13

44, Your profile picture completes your comment.

44- Well, if she's munching on Muggle souls, then they wouldn't be able to see her, so wouldn't that count as sneaking up?

jellycorn 13

It's just the dementors' kiss

Mister_Triangle 21

But op isn't actually a dementor, so the kiss of death is entirely plausible.

dude I would have used that as a running gag the rest of my day

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Kudos to that braze citizen...standing up to a dementor all by himself!

HeyHeyFishFillet 34