By bbbeast - 28/07/2009 02:42 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad asked me if I'd started smoking, I gave him a big speech about how I never have and never will. Two hours later, he found my stash of cigarettes under my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 981
You deserved it 136 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slayerdme 0

Why would you even smoke in the first place? Think you're cool huh?

trilingualotaku 0

ydi for 2 reasons. 1=bad hiding spot. 2=for lying. ... have a nice day :D

Comments

How can you lie to your father's face like that? It wasn't just a simple "I don't smoke."... you made a big deal about it, and then you got caught. YDI.

netbeui435 3

you liar. your word is useless. you deserve no respect.

You flunked. He could smell them on you, he gave you the chance to be honest and you spewed a load of bullshit, instead. He'll never trust you again.

I hope you die. I hope all of you smokers die....oh wait, you will....and you'll suffer too.

I hope all you non-smokers die too. I bet I get my wish.

wow your a real asshole its your fault you smoke your gonna die most likely cancer and you want us all to die too because we arent as stupid as you are

Oh no, we are all gonna die, only the majority of us non-smokers aren't going to have long drawn out deaths because of our filthy smoking habit. Have a nice death...but I doubt it will be. *waves*

He probably already knew. It's best to just tell your parents dipshit.

bittersweets 2

You lied to your father and he found out about it? How is that FYL? It should be FY!

Everyone on here needs to cut the holier than thou attitude because we all have habits, many unhealthy, that we don't feel the need to quit or justify to other people. Maybe you don't smoke, but you eat a ton of crap that'll **** with your heart.. whatever the scenario, being obnoxious towards smokers is unnecessary and if anything gives them a reason to ignore your point of view. People are also giving him shit for lying... but seriously... who hasn't denied something their parents have accused them of?? He definitely could have saved the speech.... but I can totally understand him not wanting to discuss it.

strawberryswirl 0

Sorry. Smokers are all idiots for starting in the first place. Ya see, some of us actually listen to what they've been telling us since preschool. And not everyone lies to their parents. Anyone with half a brain waits until they aren't living at home.

snavula 0

Oh please, like you do everything ultra super-duper healthy yourself. Do you make sure to eat the perfect serving of all the food groups based on the health pyramid too? Like, #82 said, drop the holier-than-thou attitude if you want to discuss the topic. There are people out there who smoke cigarettes who are way smarter than you. Are you gonna fault them completely as a person? Probably. Means you're ignorant. The OP deserves it simply because he gave the big speech. You never add unneeded lies to a situation. Just the bare minimum that you can keep together.

curryndricegirll 0

Sure a lot of us have lied, but not all of us are stupid enough to expect sympathy for it. He lied, sucked at it, he should grow some and take it like a man. That, and he tried to sound so righteous about not smoking. There's no other word for that other than "idiot".

bxgurl95 0

1. Grammer nazis wow you guys can come up with the dumbest shit to describe thing anyway... U could have simply denied and his this an FML? Ya, you lied, but he probablyknew alread he definately found them or smelled it on you, but people lie about things and its not automatically an FML. At this point ya smoking is bad blah blah but this wasn't the time to turn a simple (yet not good) FML into a debate about the ffects/harms/laws of smoking. So basically YDI to all of you

85.... your post lacked all kinds of coherency, and I got lost halfway in the middle... Which I find ironic since you start out making fun of grammar nazis...

NonchalantSavant 0

My grammer died of cancer...

sedthsret 0

haha! this comment is better than the FML!