By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

YDI. You don't mess with Harry Potter.

That's as if you told her about Santa Claus then told her he didn't exist in the same day.

LOL! My friend told me, not too long ago, that the summer before grade six he waited ALL summer for a letter from Hogwarts... On the first day of middle school he was balling his eyes out because he didn't get one. FHL. :P

NotNegativeNews 0

Harry wouldn't be there anyway, even if she could go.

leMeepO_o 0

OK people, stop ******* screaming about how the daughter is an idiot. She's not an idiot. I grew up reading Harry Potter and I will always love the books more than any other series. The daughter didn't think of it like Santa, at 11 you're still allowed to have a shred of imagination, and that shred of imagination probably went to hoping that in some freak way, Harry Potter did exist. I know that I spent my childhood, not believing in it, but hoping that in some way, it was real. If you've actually read the books (and not as a critical adult, from the perspective of a child being sucked into an entirely different world) it could be feasible that it did exist (J.K. Rowling is a great writer, no matter what anyone says). What you did was make her believe that her dream had come true, she got unbelievably excited and happy, only to have it ripped away from her when you told her it was all fake. You had good intentions, but you completely deserved it.

Wow. What type of person raises you guys so poorly that you can't recognize the difference between an unexpected result of a really sweet gesture from a proper reaction to a glaring error in judgment? If I was in that situation I would have done the same thing, it was a really sweet thing and, even given she was 11, the kid reacted poorly. Everyone has their fantasies about stuff like Hogwarts and its good not to lose hope in some things.

exuse when i was 11 i waited all summer for a letter from hogwarts. i know its not real its just the way young minds work and don't say im stupid either couse i currently get straight A's and was getting B's when that happend

My 11th birthday was the worst because I was upset that I hadn't made it into Hogwarts. When you love it that much you kind of get carried away!

i dont know one 11 year old today, that is that gullible, none the less, that was a stupid move, if you know your kid would think its real!