By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

omg i hope u filmed that so you could show her the film in the future and laugh at her

jnic 0

You're stupid for somehow thinking your lame, cheesy, and pointless idea was good. She's stupid for being 11 years old and actually believing that. One big, retarded family, awesome!

ShenziSixaxis 0

You had a good idea for a birthday present, but your daughter was obviously too stupid to realize that magic like that just doesn't exist. ... Or at least we think it doesn't. O.o

i don't see why everyone thinks that an eleven year old is not supposed to have an imagination... everyone is talking on this thread about the technicalities of harry potter and how the maturity level of an eleven year old can relate to realizing that a book about magic isn't real... it was a cute gift to give someone and she overreacted, it's like realizing santa isn't real; everyone believed santa was real until someone told them or they matured and realized... not everyone matures as quick as "everyone". i'm fifteen now and i'm sure as shit when i was eleven i would have been so excited to get a letter from hogwarts... given that, i wouldn't cry and kick my dad if he gave me something like that.

i don't see why everyone thinks that an eleven year old is not supposed to have an imagination... everyone is talking on this thread about the technicalities of harry potter and how the maturity level of an eleven year old can relate to realizing that a book about magic isn't real... it was a cute gift to give someone and she overreacted, it's like realizing santa isn't real; everyone believed santa was real until someone told them or they matured and realized... not everyone matures as quick as "everyone". i'm fifteen now and i'm sure as shit when i was eleven i would have been so excited to get a letter from hogwarts... given that, i wouldn't cry and kick my dad if he gave me something like that.

olisykes_ 0

HAHAHA I'm so doing that to my little brother He's 11 in December and he's obsessed with HP and wants to be Hermione's boyfriend.

I understand that everyone thinks this eleven year old should have known it wasn't real, but I have to admit: on my eleventh birthday, I secretly hoped I might get a letter. I'm not going to lie, I was just a little sad when it didn't come.

calculators 0

if i was her, that would have been the biggest dissapointment of my life.

warhorse57 0

By age 11 she should know the difference between fact and fiction. I'd say she needs a good lesson in reality.

i think that was a really sweet thing to do. It's not your fault she doesn't understand hogwarts isn't real. FYL