By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

When I was 5 and moved to North America it was the first time I was told about Santa Claus. Heck, even then I was doubtful, so I stayed up the whole night to verify. Only in the morning did I see my mother sneaking presents under the tree. Your daughter is 11. Your daughter's not very bright for believing it, and you're not very bright for writing the letter in the first place. Genetics is a real pain in the *** isn't it?

have you been hiding your child from the world, at 11 they should know that harry potter is not real.

What a brat... I feel sorry for the OP.

ellaselim 0

YDI. Take your daughter to the HP theme park that's opening next summer. It's going to kick ass. http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

jaeilssanguh 0

YDI for bad parenting. At 11, no kid should even THINK about causing physical harm to a parent. Spare the rod much?

Sweet of you, but you might want to think those things through a little more. It's like you gave her THE BEST GIFT EVER and then immediately snatched it away and broke it. Forever. On the bright side, someday she'll think back on it and laugh and realize that you meant well.

yes_itsme 0

wtf, no. That's so mean. I mean even if she IS particularly stupid, you should know this as a parent and it's just cruel to get her hopes up and crush them. Sick joke bitch. YDI and all the footstompings to come!

A "muggle" is a normal, non-magical person; however in some cases they CAN be accepted into Hogwarts and obtain magic powers. It is NOT a breed of dog. Why would people be talking about dogs on a post related to Harry Potter? Neither Fluffy nor Fang were mentioned. I suggest you read the books before trying to comment on any future Harry Potter related FMLs. =)

Stevieebabyy 0

2 years ago my dad called me pretending to be Joe Jonas. I got so pissed...

Ur stupid it like rubbing it in her face that she is a "Muggle" which are bad in harry potter.