By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

ASpocksky 0

Next time give her a letter from Santa saying she won't get any presents unless she appologizes for that. haha.. wow... fyl.

What a dick move. What kind of parent would do this to a child?

wow i can't believe this is getting so many YDIs. FYL for having a pre-teen who believes in wizards, magic, and witches.

pinkpikachu 0

I wanted it to be real when I was that age!

wtfml0715 0

i thought it was mean 11 yr olds are still fascinated by the magical world of harrypotter and anyone would LOVE an acceptance letter. so its like taunting her for the fact that its not real and she'll be forever stuck here which sucks

NotReal03 0

okay i think this was a cute idea but if your daughter hits YOU something is wrong. NEVER should a child hit their parents. That is just horrible parenting. I think the letter was nice, but if your daughter hits you that is just plain wrong.

Where does it say that her daughter hit her?

Stomped on her toe, that is akin to hitting her.

udumbidiot 0

when i was eleven i waited all year for MY letter. and 12, and 13. im still waiting. so all the rest of you who say shes stupid, just shut up. its nice to imagine.

olisykes_ 0

Me too! Don't worry. It'll get there one way (:

Neither have I read all the comments nor do I know the OP's daughter but I can imagine that she can tell the difference between fact and fiction. But getting that letter on her 11th birthday probably made her think the fiction could be true just a little bit, especially if the letter was well made. I think she was really hurt and disappointed when she realized that her mom had written the letter because she felt a little ridiculed. The OP knew how much her daughter loved HP and unintentionally used it to hurt her a little bit. It's just like someone sending your a b-day card that's apparantly signed by your favourite actor/actress/musician/VIP you'd probably believe it for a short time until you find out that a friend played a prank on you. They pretty much used what you love to make fun of you. I think it's neither a FYL nor a YDI, more a "shit happens" cause the OP had good intentions that collided with the fantasy world of a 11-year-old.

lol your daughter is stupid as hell. When I was 11 (excactly four years ago) I would've never believed something like that.