By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

:D!! i did this to my brother as well when he turned 11, mainly because of his love for harry potter and the fact that at the time, because of our financial situation, he was sleeping in a bed under the stairs ; _ ; he loveddd it, and still has it up next to his bed ^-^ your daughter... O_O even though she thought it was really real, which is odd in itself no matter the love and obsession for the book, finding out it wasn't was no warrant for hurting anyone or throwing a tantrum >_>

Bunnygal268 0

Ummm, I'm 12. I think that's stupid. The letter didn't come by owl, it was most likely YOUR writing, it didn't have the emerald Hogwarts thing, and, of course, Harry Potter is a fictional book.

Gee, this reminds me of the time I got so upset when I found out I was a Muggle and not a witch.

she's dumb. who can't differenciate between a real hogwarts letter and a fake one?!

LemonFairy 0

You win at life. (Because this is probably the only proper justifying comment on why she's stupid. XD)

russianspy1234 11

"Today I realized my daughter was a moron, FML" Oh wait, that's not how you're supposed to do reversals...

LegndNikko 0

How the **** can people think that you deserved it? You do something nice for your daughter? Well one, your daughter doesn't seem too smart to believe that... And 2) Everyone who thinks that the OP deserves it: **** you.

Ya it was really nice hurhurhurhur *drolls*

SEPHARAD 0

There are a lot of negative comments here and I feel you don't deserve them. As a mother, you meant well. As a child, well, she reacted like a child. You made a mistake, it backfired, apologize and move on. Parenthood doesn't come with a manual so don't beat yourself up for being human. I wish you well.

:)I want my mum to write a Hogwarts - letter to:)

mommymia 9

I'm almost 33 and wish that Harry Potter and Hogwarts were real....just sayin