By Anonymous - 16/12/2012 05:49 - United States

Today, my ex adopted a dog from the dog pound. It was the same dog he made me get rid of while we were still together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 619
You deserved it 8 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you really liked the dog, why didn't you adopt it after you broke up with him?

Wow...that's just messed up. I mean, you kinda deserve it for abandoning your pet - that's just cruel, you should've dumped the guy as soon as he seriously suggested it so it's kinda karma. The situation is still really messed up though so FYL..

Comments

kellygirl83 11

Why the hell would you abandon your dog for someone your only dating? The dog loved before you dated the jerk and if you hadn't of abandoned him, the dog would have loved you after the jerk. YDI I hope your ex treats him better than you did.

And you gave up the dog? Shame on you... Even if there'd been a really good reason - like moving in together and your boyfriend having an allergy, which is, apparently, not the situation here - you should've found your dog a nice home, not just leave him in the pound. That's what you do when you have to part with your friends - you do everything to make sure they at least have a good life afterwards. I feel so bad for the dog now - first, living in the pound, now, living with a person who obviously doesn't care about him/her at all and just does it to get some revenge. Awful. As much as I love my boyfriend, I would've never agreed to get rid of my dogs even if he'd asked. That's a cruel and stupid thing to do.

VampTat 10

I wouldn't even give up my pet if my boyfriend had an allergy. I'd make him find a way to work around the allergies... take medication for it or something, or the relationship just simply won't work.

YDI. Abandoning your pet for a man, that's just plainly selfish and pathetic. Let’s hope that his new owner will be more trustworthy than you.

No man is worth you're beloved pets. When all else fails your pets will always be there for you no matter what. If a man ever tries to make you get rid of your pets get rid of the man! I'm sorry OP :(

Am I the only one wondering how OP knows her ex adopted the pet? And also, if the boyfriend ever makes you choose between him and something, never choose the boyfriend. That kind of boyfriend is not worth it. I repeat, NOT WORTH IT.

Well, maybe they have some common friends. Or they live in the same area and OP saw him walking the dog. Or OP asked in the dog pound. Or they are actually still in touch. Plenty of possibilities there. Or OP is a crazy stalker, that's a possibility too, of course.

I was kinda leaning toward the crazy stalker side.

I was thinking he would probably hurt it just to get back at OP. For the dog's sake I certainly hope not :(

skyeyez9 24

My dog is cuddled next to me (and snoring). There is no way in Hell my bf would ever convince me to dump my dog. If he even dared suggest that, I'd dump the bf.

You shouldn't have got rid of the dog in the first place. You shouldn't let anyone make you give up your pet like that!

Shame on you for abandoning an animal just because the person you're dating 'made' you. The blame is on you for what happened, if anyone I dated didn't like cats I wouldn't just drop them off at the pound they've been with me forever and are a part of the family. Your ex didn't make you do anything, you were the one who made the decision in the end.

The fact he essentially made you decide between him or your dog should have told you that he wasn't boyfriend material. If my boyfriend asked me to give up my dog, I'd assume that 1, he didn't give a damn about my feelings (because wow, I would never stop crying) and 2, he was a controlling creep. If I had to get rid of my dog for some reason, it would go to family or friends so that I could visit and I would know it would be looked after. Also, before you get together with someone, they should know a lot about you, including your attachment to any pets. If he couldn't comprehend that, why would you consider him a good match for you? To be honest, I think you deserved this. You abandoned your dog but you only considered if FML worthy when your ex adopted it? I hope your ex treats the dog better than you did and maybe you shouldn't be so fickle and selfish next time.