By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 467
You deserved it 4 039

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

sugar_bear 0

thats terrible. im know how you feel, my parents take my money all the time and it pisses me off. but theyve never taken that much, and then lost their job... that really sucks

FYL for giving your mom access to your account. It's not your job to pay your family's bills. Why can't your sister pay?!

scorpioserpent 1

FYL. Make a contract so your mom/sister will pay... $4000 is a lot of money...even if you are well off. Should have just let your sister's car get repossessed...If she's old enough to drive and have a car, she should be able to pay whatever costs that come with it....Or buy a cheaper car. FYL

I second this! I know people say you should trust your family but unfortunately I've found that family members are more likely to screw you over than anyone else in your life.

RighteousDiego 0

At this point, it's too late to make a contract. Yes, in hindsight OP should have made a contract with his mom, but you can't make a contract for something that's already happened. The legal term is "past consideration."

ghadir 2

idk, ur mom kinda doesn't owe u anything considering she's been giving u a place to stay, food, an education, and a lot more all of ur life..but that is kind've lame of ur sister to ask ur mom for money when it's her fault..sorry about ur mom losing her job..FYL, FHL, and FYSL..it'll get better :)

Shikyo_fml 0

Wait. FHL, sure. FHML, I bet his mom feels worse than he does. But FHSL? What the heck? His sister has a family who seems willing to cover her ass for the mistakes that she makes at her brother's cost! If anything, they should have her fix her own problems 'stead of making someone else pay for it.

I don't necessarily agree with the first part . yes his mum paid for his education, fed him , clothed him and gave him a place to stay but that's what you do when you are a parent . you should be fully aware that you will be taking care of and paying for this child for the next 18 years , of the parent doesn't / can't agree with that then maybe they shouldn't be a parent .

Wow, it's all bright and colourful in your household...

I hope your mom will be able to pay you back, even if your sister screw up, if she can find a nez job (although considering her probable age and because even young, well diplomed, well educated, talking three languages cannot find a job...)

Shikyo_fml 0

Ugh, my sympathy. I've moved out, but if I had a sib I could very easily imagine the exact same thing happening to me. "It's the older sibling's duty to take care of the younger one! Won't you lend them money? I'll take it out of your bank account~ o/`"

adorepink86 0

You deserved that one, you shouldn't let anyone have access to your bank account other than yourself. My parents use to take money out of my account and tell me a week later, "here's the money we took out of your account awhile ago." I got fed up with the bullshit of them not even asking if they could borrow money, so I made it to where they have to ask.

I HOPE you'll be able to get your money back sometime in the near future.

I hate it when people, usually parents, take those types of liberties, especially with your finances.