By Jeri - 12/02/2010 08:41 - United States

Today, the day of my 29th birthday and two weeks after our 10th wedding anniversary, the only thing my husband got me for my birthday was divorce papers. Happy birthday, bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 657
You deserved it 4 946

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh please. I'm 22 and have been with my fiancee since we were 14. We've been living on our own for four years. We're getting married this year. We're in the real world. I'm a teacher, he's an engineer. People can know love at a young age and that love can last a lifetime. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean others don't. Our relationship has lasted longer than many people who get married in their 30's.

NeonWar__ 0

Comments

skyeyez9 24

I'm sorry to hear that. To hell with everybody bashing on you for marrying young. Every couple is different and some prefer to be married while they're young, some want to wait. Whatever works. My parents married in their early 20's and celebrated their 36th anniversary last week.

that's when you take control of your life, dramatic change and experiences. your only young once and never old twice. make him feel like shit. if a man doesn't wanna take care of you, find someone that will just remember you wanna treat how you wanna be treated.. from experiences I got left. turned myself into a bombshell made his mouth hit the floor.. after doing everything for him and now putting it toward myself look who's sorry ..him!! guess who has the brighter smile now:) happy birthday!

Wow. That sucks. Still, marriage at 20 might not necessarily be the brightest thing in the world — there's a lot of life left for people to change, usually. Maybe you'll have better luck next time (if there is one).

ZombieBunnies 0

Did he at least shout "SURPRISE!!" while jumping out of a cake for you?

u should of been his ***** in the bedroom and given him some Greek

xDyZFuNkTiOnULx 0

yeeeaah I'm gonna say that sucks dude. He's a prick for 1). Doing it on your B-Day what a low fricken blow and 2). Waiting 10 years LOL what a loser he is. Take his shit!!! haha. AND for the people out there saying she shouldn't have married at 18 STFU noobz. Who cares what age she was it's her business.

Hermyoni 0

The whole point of marriage is to grow and change together. Maybe 18 or 19 is young but you don't need your entire 20's weeding through women/men to have a marriage that doesn't end in divorce. When you meet the right person you know. You make it work through thick and thin. That is what marriage is. It isn't easy it takes work. The people who get divorced just aren't willing to put in the effort. That is all it boils down to. *Of course divorces for spousal abuse or other grievous acts don't count*

At 18 or 19, most people don't have their careers in place. They usually are not financially stable, either. If you think finances don't matter, they do. A marriage that is under a lot of financial stress is going to be stressed, period. It causes a lot of problems. I don't think there is anything wrong with having your life together before you decide to get married. Also, you don't just "know" in a lot of cases. You may think you do, but then that relationship ends and you realize you could do a lot better. Ive had it happen a few times. The longer you know someone, the better idea you have.

I agree your life does suck but you are 29 and it was your 10th anniversary?? so you t married any 19... I've heard studies say that 70% of marriages with people who get married before 25 the marriage ends in divorce. It was a young marriage maybe that's why it didn't last. But good luck maybe you can finds better guy now especially bc you are older.