By bailey_biz - 08/01/2015 12:52 - United States - Seneca Falls

Today, the dry skin on my feet has gotten so bad that my boyfriend uses my feet to itch his legs when we're cuddling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 545
You deserved it 21 938

bailey_biz tells us more.

Hey, OP here. I lotion my feet multiple times a day. I also work at a place that requires me to constantly be on my feet. It's not like I don't try to fix it. I've had it for a long time now, I even have my own pedicure instruments and sugar scrub, but it doesn't help get my feet 100% smooth.

Top comments

Maybe time for a pedicure? Some exfoliation and good lotion would do you some good. Take care of yourself!

Comments

My brother's feet are the same way, and when we were younger I'd do that all the time. I don't think it's too bad, especially if your bf seems cool about it.

I was told Almond oil is the solution for that

rocker_chick23 27

Why are people blaming OP for her dry skin? A lot of people have it, and winter usually exacerbates it. She could be moisturizing her feet every day and still have the dry skin. My friend has psoriasis and it causes her heels to become cracked and dry.

Exactly 66! I'm a little upset that so many people are telling op to use lotion (yes I'm sure she's never thought of that) and saying that she lacks personal hygiene. I also don't understand why there are so many ydi, it's not as if it's something she can fully control obviously, I assume she's tried many things to try and make them better.

I think its time to treat yourself to a pedicure.

Well since you said itch instead of scratch umm going to say you deserved it.

you shud be applying lotion 24.7 then. however the fact your bf doesnt mind it too much shows promise so kudos.

GleefullyMacabre 1

Could be Athletes Foot. I've had dry feet since childhood, as does my whole family. Turns out our systems are bad at fighting skin fungus. I wash my feet with a dandruff shampoo, spray my shoes each night, and it's... improving. Not soft and lovely yet and my never be, but better.

I don't know if it's just me, but i wouldn't want someone's rough foot rubbing against my leg.

Hey, OP here. I lotion my feet multiple times a day. I also work at a place that requires me to constantly be on my feet. It's not like I don't try to fix it. I've had it for a long time now, I even have my own pedicure instruments and sugar scrub, but it doesn't help get my feet 100% smooth.

I'm in the same boat. It's so frustrating that no matter how much lotion and how often I scrub I still have dry, dead skin.

Try soaking your feet in hot water - the hottest you can endure without getting burned - at least 15 minutes a day for a few days. It worked wonders for me! I didn't scrub them even once.

OP- You might want to try a callus remover gel. That and a foot file has always been my secret trick. Also, I'd say treat yourself to a salon pedicure first- it sounds like your feet could use the relaxation, and it will be much easier to maintain softer feet once a professional gets rid of the initial tough, dry skin. Best of luck!

GleefullyMacabre 1

Seriously, see a podiatrist about possible Athlete's foot!

I use hydrocortisone for my skin drying out really fast. It helps me a little bit more than regular lotion.

Athletes foot is a fungal infection that's usually between the toes. Fungus thrives in warm and moist places and that doesn't seem to be op's problem.

If it's any consolation. I use my dry feet to itch my own legs ?

Op: I apologize that so many people said ydi and have told you to use lotion. As I said before, I assume you've tried almost everything, it's not as if you want your feet like that. My mom has the same issue, she also gets cracks as well in the winter. The only thing that helps her is to go get a good pedicure every once in awhile. She'll also cover her feet in lotion or vaseline and put socks on before bed, but nothing does much other than a pedicure by a aesthetician. Sorry for your condition and also that most of the FML community doesn't understand and feels ydi.

liquifiednate 21

You know the more lotion you use the more dry your feet will get. It's because your skin gets used to being moisturized by the lotion that it stops producing its natural oils as often as it needs to. If anything you should use less lotion and slowly wing yourself off of it.

Epsom salt, Listerine (1 cup) and hot water. Soak your feet and the dead skin will just slough off. you might need to use a wash rag after the soak to scrub the rest off but it really works. Then take shea butter, coconut oil and cocoa butter melt it down dip your feet in the concoction and let that sink in(you can also rub it in) to help moisturize your feet after the soak. I work in a job where I'm on my feet constantly and walk about 5 miles a shift, this helps keep my feet soft and healthy.

I found if you soak your feet for 15 minutes in Listerine (blue works best idk why) vinegar and hot water the hard and dead skin falls off. my bridesmaids and I did it before my wedding....works wonders.

I have the same problem, often. The best thing that I've found is "Soul Owner" foot cream from Philosophy. I take a shower, put some of that stuff on my feet, and then put on some nice socks and leave the socks on for at least 30 min. If I do this before bed, my feet usually feel better in the morning. The worse my feet are, the more applications I need before I see an improvement. The first time I used it, I was having a foot emergency (REALLY severely dry skin) and after like 2 applications, the dry skin started sloughing off in clumps. It was really really gross. :-P But after that, my feet were great. Since then, I always keep some of this stuff around. Mild dry skin doesn't really bother me, but when my feet start to get too prickly, I use this lotion.. and they get better.. and they haven't gotten really bad/cracked since. It's good stuff. I don't usually buy pricey skin care products, so this one seems a little steep to me (like $16 per bottle I think) but it's actually worth it. And I dont use it that often, so it lasts for a long time. Haha.. although the first time I used it, when my feet were really messed up, I think I went through the whole bottle in like 2 weeks just trying to get my feet back to where I had normal skin :-P ANyways... good luck :)

DMJeanette 4

my Fiance's get so dry they crack (he's on his feet all day long also) try something like psoriasin(medicated tar OINTMENT)... he puts it on before bed and wears socks to moisturize. good luck!

There were a lot of comments and my phone likes to crash if I try to read them for too long, so I don't know if anyone has said this, but try putting Vasiline heavily on your feet and socks on that over night. Vasiline REALLY helps hydrate, though it feels squishy between your toes! Hope it helps

alice_18 16

My boyfriend has a similar problem. What we did to fix it: We put neosporin on the cracks. then we slathered considerable amounts of Vaseline all over his feet and wrapped a plastic bag around it before he went to bed every night, then put a sock on to keep the bag from falling off. His feet got a lot better in just a few days.