Welcome to Capitalism

By school issues - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out I'm failing school. Why am I failing? Because I work 60 hours a week. Why do I work 60 hours a week? To pay for school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 332
You deserved it 5 299

Top comments

Been there; done that. Hang in there however you can. It's worth it in the end. Good luck and yeah, it stinks now.

Comments

olpally 32

Life's a bitch, isn't it? Good luck op.

That really sucks, OP. But can't you work out something with work and school? I'm sure that you could find a solution if you talk to both. Best of luck!

60 hours!? O.o You must be a super something! It's not nice that you are failing, butt at least you failed because of work, and not for nothing.

Try working full time, school full time and being a mom and pregnant b

MattRoseen 12

Is that kind of like "I work to put gas in my car to go to work"?

I suggest you either concentrate on making money (take time off school temporarily) to save up for your studies, or keep the hours at work as you study part-time. Both ways will mean you will graduate later than you intend to do so, but at least that way, you will still have both the grades and money.

klovemachine 24

That sounds like the beginning of a **** :-D

klovemachine 24

Loans are tougher to get in this economy :-(

Typically, a student loan ends up setting a person back more than failing out of school would. OP this is a situation most successful people face in their early years. I wouldn't say the answer is to get a loan but instead try to find a cheaper school.

Just be thankful if you dropout of school you'll have a job to fall into. Some stability is better than nothing.