Wish you were here

By sicksicksick - 01/06/2012 08:41 - Senegal

Today, after years of lobbying for a travel job, I'm finally in Africa. Everything I eat or drink comes violently back out both directions. When I don't eat or drink, I pass out. Essentially I have to choose between illness and consciousness. Hello, fabulous new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 248
You deserved it 6 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I think you should eat food rather then starve to death, maybe your body will adjust eventually.

holy ****, more people recognize that as Kelly Clarkson lyrics than a Nietzsche quote now? kind of sad $:

Comments

sierra142 19

Bottled water, wash all fruit and veggies well with it too. You do get 'normal' food here you know. It's really not that backwards.

weepingangel_fml 7

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, makes me remember when I caught salmonella... Honey, you HAVE to drink if you want to get better, even if that means you'll lose consciousness periodically. Also seek your embassy's doctor to be treated, they'll know what to do. This is an unfortunate reality you'll have to get used in this continent and soon enough you'll get used to it. I know I did!

Rocky007 15

Pretty much like getting food from Whole Foods. Welcome to the dark side of organic foods.

Igor_g5 0

Maybe you shouldn't have worked so hard for a job in Africa. Not the best environment. Unless you're in a big city. Then you just need to get used to the food.

no way! I am in Haiti sharing the exact same experience! I've lost 10 pounds in 4 days

Snafuusmc 12

You must be homesick I had that happen to me and it was just terrible. took about 3 days for my body to adjust and hopefully you'll get better within those days.

MatewisP82 2

Where in Africa, fucktard? Is a huge friggin' continent. I'm from South Africa and we're one of 12 countries whose tap water is safe to drink and our food has no less risk of poisoning than any Western country. Dumbass yank...

Well it's obviously not one of those countries.