Wish you were here

By sicksicksick - 01/06/2012 08:41 - Senegal

Today, after years of lobbying for a travel job, I'm finally in Africa. Everything I eat or drink comes violently back out both directions. When I don't eat or drink, I pass out. Essentially I have to choose between illness and consciousness. Hello, fabulous new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 248
You deserved it 6 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I think you should eat food rather then starve to death, maybe your body will adjust eventually.

holy ****, more people recognize that as Kelly Clarkson lyrics than a Nietzsche quote now? kind of sad $:

Comments

YDI for goin' to a 3rd world hole and expecting the same quality of meals that you'd get in the U.S.

Oh man, you're in for a tough time. If you think the foods bad wait until the local diseases start, your body has no immunity to anything over there. Be very careful, especially if you get sick a lot.

xPlayerofDeathx 0

Try to eat. Sure, it's not fun having crap come out both directions, but id choose illness over falling unconscious. Good luck!

go_Banannas0814 0

You asked to travel... Maybe you should have been more specific as to the "where". Bummer.

you'll get used to it, dude. Don't worry about it. You'll have an impenetrable immune system.

justhanging 6

I don't know if this is relevant for Africa, but if you are an American visiting France you need to be careful about the cheese -- it isn't pasteurized and can leave you in the bathroom for a few hours feeling like your stomach is going to explode.

RedPillSucks 31

That's ironic, considering Louis Pasteur was French

Should have packed some food from back home in the event of something like this. I agree with comment someone else posted above about alcohol. A good shot of tequila before I eat anything in Mexico has always worked for me. Maybe you can try that.

WORDS OF ADVICE Don't drink the water sold on the streets in that square plastic always and only drink bottled water. Im already assuming you haven't found the good places to eat since your not used to their food find a place that sells fried rice and chicken. Thats the closest to American food you can get. They also have places with great pizza and "chips" which are fries. Don't settle for what your not used to. Also do not brush your teeth with the water that can also make you sick only bottled water. If your gonns eat their food tell them to make you chicken stew not to spicy without pepper and rice or yam. Your not ready or used to doing any of the stuff they do. Also find a drug store and get some imodium. What part are you in? I know some great places. Been there done that, need help? Message me im here. Hahah your welcome! :)

Oh boohoo! If you want to live in Africa you need to toughen up.

xPlayerofDeathx 0

Everyone's digestive trio problems are different. Maybe OP can't help it? I'm not going to "h8" you, I'm simply stating OP may have stomach problems. Happens to everybody!

It won't hurt you to be a little sympathetic.