Art critic

By Anonymous - 09/08/2009 00:02 - United States

Today, my mom went snooping through my art bin to "clean out my old drawings". She found numerous nude pieces and accused me of selling porn. My mom mistook and threw out 57 anatomy practice sketches that I worked very very hard on, and ripped up the remainder of my drawings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 088
You deserved it 3 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dillybar 0

Ouch, I know how that feels :( Nudity =/= ****.

What a ******* bitch.... my Dad did something similar when I was young. He tore out all of my anatomy images from my sketchbooks.

Comments

thatsbizarre 0

FYL... D: I would have cried and slapped my mom right in the face. People who jump to conclusions and do things like that will definitely be the death of me.

erinlm 0

Nudes have been used in art pretty much as long as art has existed, and in my opinion, the best art is the kind that was shocking and controversial in its time. I'm sorry your mom isn't supportive, but hopefully it won't be long before you move out and go off to college to study art some more. For now, just try to keep your nude sketches at school as much as possible.

I'm so sorry, as an artist I can't imagine how much effort you put into that. If someone did that to me I'd probably kill then, my advice. Get a secure place for your art or take photos and upload them onto an art account like deviantart.com

Damn, I hope you yelled at her and made her feel like an immature, uneducated bitch... because she sure acted like one.

Hahaha. I love the immaturity. The nude is the purest form of humanity, you can study the structure, the way the muscles move and slide together body language, expression, so much is unhindered when you remove the clothes. No one said a nude was perverted. What are you, twelve? Unless they were blatantly pornographic, (Which I'm guessing they weren't, as OP said they were for anatomy purposes) then what right do you have to call OP a pervert?

Finoewae 0

Kill her. Oh, and if she ever sees this: **** you, stupid mom-bitch.

Why u have 57 pictures of that anyways??

Don't you know some famous paintings have a lot of nudity?

gawd! your mom is probably mentally unstable if she did something so horrible to you. because first of all, a normal mom should not be throwing out and ripping up stuff that doesn't belong to her. second, nudity is part of artistic expression. if she knows you're an artist, she shouldn't do that to you. i would probably commit suicide if my mom did that to me. I'm 16 and i draw nude photos and she doesn't mind because she understands its art. anyways, sorry to hear about what your crazy mom did to you. FYL.

I'm an artist also. No way would I EVER let anyone go through my stuff. EVER.

Angel12408 0

I'm an artist and I'm soooo glad my mom is one too so this never happens to me. I'm soooo sorry for you that really sucks.