At least someone's happy…

By reckless182 - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to tell my 10 year-old son that his father and I are getting a divorce. His reply? "Yes! I call living with dad!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 672
You deserved it 13 565

Top comments

OMGlaraFAILS 0

Awe, well yeah kids can be pretty harsh.

Comments

Mancubus 2

Let your husband keep the brat and take the house, sounds like a fair trade to me.

DWdizzy 0

nobody knows the whole situation of the parents ability to be a parent. Therefore, no one should judge.

lakita_lover 0

He's probably just glad his parents aren't going to be living in the same house and fighting anymore.

Perfectly natural. When parents split, the kid picks there favorite. Sucks for you, you should've done better.

kingg223 0

Shows how good of a parent uve been

You were probably doing what's best for your son (making him eat veggies, disciplining him, etc). His dad probably spoils him, and that's what kids want. They don't know any better, but someday he'll learn. It's nothing personal. :)

Well, it is kind of sad, I will admit--not only that he had to disrespect your parenting skills like that, but you have been forced into divorce. Nevertheless, I think you will get through it fine. Regardless of your divorce, you son should be able to still see you, and therefor, maybe he'll relish the lesser time he has to spend with you, which is actually quite good. But, I will have to say FYL, because, it is more upsetting for you than the whole second paragraph's idea.

If my parents got divorced i would rather live on the street then with my mom. Absolute drunk, and was never a good mother. So i have to say YDI for being a bad mother.