Brat era

By bastards - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Netherlands - Den Haag

Today, I babysat the brattiest and most foul-mouthed 8-year-old I've ever met. After I survived three hours of it, his parents finally came home. He claimed I'd invited a boy over and that we did "stuff" on the couch all evening. They believed him. I didn't get paid, to say the least. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 590
You deserved it 4 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Since you aren't getting paid I would tell the parents how he acted and tell them how much of a brat he is. You might as well enjoy something from this.

He acts like a brat since parents always take his side. My advice never baby sit for them again and spread the word around so they can't get another sitter.

Comments

maybe they taught their shitty little child to say that so they could get free babysitting.. maybe you're not the only one this has happened to..

At least it was only three hours. You could post a note in a paper or computer babysitting site on how awful he is.

I would have spit in that kids face! Lol

It could've been worse. He could've claimed you did something to him

If they believed the child you are not good at explaining things to adults. No child runs me. I would have that boy acting like a man by the time I was finished with him. He would be a new kid and he's parents would pay me double cause I sure as hell don't accept bullshit from children.

Egg their house but not with raw eggs, boil some eggs then egg it!

My first thought is the parents might have told the kid to do that so they can have an excuse not to pay you. People (of all ages) are jerks.

I wouldv'e told them the truth, if I were you, but try not to smile. They should believe you, if they know how young kids are these days. I wouldv'e also told my parents too, if i were you. I feel so sorry for you, but you still have a chance to tell them, it hasn't been that long yet ;)

Pass the word around the babysitters club. They'll learn when they have to shell out for professional childminders.