Class of 2010

By jessii - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, in math class, I got an answer "wrong." The teacher yelled at me, then he realized that my answer was correct. Then he yelled at me for not correcting him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 633
You deserved it 3 211

Top comments

OPs teacher is probably a miserable old man... at least it reminds me of a teacher I had who was miserable and his aim was to embarass us all. fyl OP

Comments

reddwarf_fml 0

mmmm I'm going a different direction with this yelling=discussing/correcting I put serious doubts that he was really YELLING u don't have the stones to say no pretty sure I would be correct I'm this instance ....how did he find out he was incorrect? which all leads down the path to: UR A WHINER!!!!!! sooooo buck up grow a pair and interact in the classroom like a responsible person should act! ok I'm good now

Getting to the point, that your nickname is "jessii", I could say, that probably you've got the wrong answer at this problem. Women can't do math. Just joking :) well, by the way, I'm studying at the department of mechanics and technics at Moscow State University, and here's about 20 people at every group, with not more than 4 girls in every group. I don't think that women really can't do math, but maybe they just don't need it as much as we do.

TheBestManEver 0

>teachers aren't supposed to yell at students for making mistakes It's called classical conditioning, they want to have students answer correctly all the time (because they know if they get a question wrong, they'll get yelled at). This brilliant teacher is creating a brighter future for these children, one in which they'll always do everything correctly.

i love situations like that. you interupt and set him right. fight back intelligantly and it really messes with them. teachers dont expect students to know whats going on.

TheBestManEver 0

The yelling would only become ineffective if the teacher yelled at the students for everything, this way they would accept the yelling as the norm. However, if the teacher were to only yell at the student when they answered wrong, the student would want to avoid answering questions wrong in order avoid the embarrassment and hatred associated with the yelling. It's in this way that the students won't answer questions wrong so that they won't have to feel embarrassed and stupid for making an ass of themselves. When you get a chance read up on the works of Ivan Pavlov, a great Soviet Psychologist, he devised this method of classical conditioning.

skyeyez9 24

Ydi for having a pic of Justin Bieber as your profile pic.

colby281 0

sucks for ya OP....my advice, SCHEDULE CHANGE ASAP!!!

Pavlov was studying digestion, he accidentally discovered classical conditioning when his dogs started salivating at the site of lab assistants.

Not to mention that this seems more like operant conditioning than classical conditoning to me, using the yelling as a negative reinforcement. Classical conditioning usually refers to teaching somebody to do something they have no control over, when a certain stimulus is applied to them. Operant conditioning teaches new behaviors, or removes old ones, by making use of positive, and negative reinfocers, as well as punishments.