Creepy

By JustClaire95 - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, my dad told me that I can't wear leggings on Friday nights, because, "your butt is too distracting for my poker buddies." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 106
You deserved it 16 520

JustClaire95 tells us more.

I'll prob just wear jeans from now on. Though it'd be funny to see them react to a mini skirt lol!

Top comments

flowerbug 4

Leggings are not pants anyways.

kakakarotcake 17

or maybe he keeps catching his friends peeping at his daughter

Comments

Is it so hard to see that, as with most isues, it's a matter of balance? What someone wears, however bad, will never warrant violating someone's rights and the law a la sexual harassment and rape. However, that doesn't mean we can all run around naked either - that's indecent exposure, also against the law. Of course, leggings aren't quite as bad as being naked but I have to say, a lot of them come pretty close. And if you're going around with your knickers showing, people are gonna stare.

look this isn't victim blaming, leggings are not pants, they are see thru! They are supposed to have something over them. She is basically walking around old men in tights, not yoga pants. They are going to look, women are going to look, a man walks in wearing something see thru and everyone is going to look. Everyone will look and judge, its human nature. They might not all be dirty old men, they could just be thinking "if my daughter ever wore those I would kick her ass". Dad might be making a big deal about it because he can't find any other way of telling her hes not ok with the clothing she's wearing, sounds like he cares, thats a good thing OP. And one of you said no one dresses in such a way as to ask for the dirty old men to look at them, yes some of us do. Sometimes I wear something cute for me, but if its a low cut top or short skirt, yeah I want the attention. on a funny, less serious note, wouldnt dad want his poker buddies distracted?

James Bond would have killed for that distraction! maybe you have a future in espionage.

Im sure the old men are really enjoying checking out this girls butt. They're not harassing or violating her in any way. Some of you are over reacting a little bit. The dad just notices the stolen glances that his buddies are taking and it makes him uncomfortable. I don't really think that anyone is in the wrong here. This is just life.

@195. I've heard that stupid phrase too many times. Women dress the way they do to get guys to notice them. This is something that has been happening for a long time. There is no reason for a girl to wear a low cut shirt other than to show off her money makers. This is also the case for leggings and yoga pants. While they are comfortable, they are also skimpy, designed to fit those curves that guys love. Her dad doesn't want his daughter being eye candy for his guests. This fml should have read: "I told my daughter she couldn't wear those skimpy leggings while my poker pals are over. She then threw a huge temper tantrum because leggings are comfortable."

Oh, how I wish nice-looking butt was the obstacle in my life worth 'fml'-ing about :| However, then I might just end up ending sentences with 'lol' for no reason, and wearing leggings as pants...

who woulda thought leggings would create so much controversy lol

Don't listen to these prudes, leggings, booty shorts, yoga pants, the world thanks you for wearing them ^_^

Guys might, but I'm not that interested in the anatomy of other, random females. Though your comment made me think of: "It's a double edged sword, you're a prude if you don't, a **** if you do." In this case, yes I am a prude.

So alot of people are assuming that her dad hasn't talked to his friends or anything of the sort but maybe he already talked to them before talking to her. If it continues to be an issue maybe he should have poker night elsewhere...

Can't assume she's beautiful. She could be very large, extremely thin, whatever. Regardless, she's a kid. She doesn't own the house, her dad (and mom, possibly) do. They make the rules. So follow them. Go and change.

middlenamefrank 8

Hmm. Would you prefer that he encouraged you to parade around in front of his friends? Sounds like a pretty good dad to me.