Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

well you are a hypocrit, but not a perve. its not like you knew there were going to be vagnas everywhere. hahaha. thats wierd that they were doing that to each other. and 41 you're a tool.

ch_kisama 0

YDI #31- of course kids have a right privacy. by giving them privacy and teaching them to respect other's privacy, you teach respect and boundaries. There are plenty of other ways to teach honesty. If you don't give kids privacy you run the risk of teaching them that their personal space means nothing, and they don't learn how to set up personal boundaries.

Wow, chicks these days. Why can't I be a teen in this day and age?

Rawrrr14 0

Well, I'm not going to say you deserved it because accidents do happen. On the other hand, if I was one of your step daughters friends I would be calling you a hypocritical pervert too. But, that is a little strange that out of all the things they could be doing when you walked in, it was bikini waxes......

NEVER i repeat NEVER walk into your teenage daughters or even sons room without knocking... u never know wat u might find...

Just cuz there 16 doesn't mean they can't do that! Seriously, would you rather have some stranger wax you down there or your best friends. I would rather have my best friends. And you should have knocked! YDI

shroomis 0

most of the people commenting here are tools...you didnt know that they were waxing its just your a hypocrite

Ae_hunt 0

This isn't an FML, this is good parenting. Someday they'll be in your shoes and they will probably end up doing something similar. You shouldn't have to knock on doors in your own house unless you're going into a guest's room.

jacobithegreat 0

giving each other bikini waxes, for *whatever* reason, is just wierd.

A few questions 1) Why were they not able to lock the door? 2) If they were able to, why didn't they? 3) Does anyone really think they will forget this? Naive. 4) Does anyone really think that people living under their parent's roof should not be allowed any privacy? What about when they want to indulge in self-abuse? Perfectly normal, but but parents and kids would be happier if they didn't see the kids do it. Telling them not to do something one would be embarrassed about when anyone's in the house is not better, just encourages sneakiness and increases risk of somebody walking in on you. It would be better to fit a lock. I had lots of privacy when I was growing up, it doesn't automatically lead to being a meth addict. Or shooting nuns.