Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

be glad they were giving bikini waxes and not brazillian i think my eyes would actually burn and then p[robably fall onto the floor and explode. i like my friends and all but.. ew.

Seti_fml 0

If you're not blood related and shes 16 its not jailbait in South Carolina... Just throwing it out there op, at least you know it wont be too hairy.

Having had a stepfather and a stepmother, I'll just tell you - you don't lecture your stepchildren unless they literally grew up with you from before they can remember. They don't care what you think, and they have another actual parent to do that kind of thing. When you do that, you're setting yourself up to have a horrible relationship with the stepkids.

Whoever thinks that "Right to privacy" means being able to take a shit without your parents walking in are extremely wrong. Parents are in charge of their kids to make sure they know right from wrong. Obviously, this dad cares about his stepdaughter. This girl and her friends may not respect other people's space for whatever reason, and a parent popping into their room to check if they're OK does NOT constitute an invasion of privacy. Now, a parent rifling through their child's desk while they are at school to find "bad substances" or a journal is an invasion of privacy. He trusts his stepdaughter, and if he's anything like my dad, he does a quick lecture at some point, indicating to me to avoid continuing down whatever path I might be on or my mother will inflict her wrath on me.

If you walked in without knocking, it wasn't an accident. Massive YDI. However, while I'm inwardly cringing just a little at how young they are (cripes, and I'm only 22), there's nothing inherently wrong with them waxing themselves, or each other. It's nice that your daughter has close enough friends that they can all feel comfortable grooming each other.

Well, you screwed up. Tell her that what you just did was the perfect example of NOT respecting someones privacy and that if she will try harder to be respectful, so will you. :)

Okay OP... and anybody else who didn't figure this out yet... Let me spell this out for you, Y O U R daughter is a lesbian... If you think back on this moment, there was no wax, no strips, no rubbing sticks.... Just two girls with their pants off and one girl with her face really close to the others! You quickly shut the door and they quickly thought of an excuse! You wanted to believe it and just let it go! Hope I cleared things up for you! :)

haha wow. hypocrite for sure... bet you were like... how come my friends never did that to me?!?!

SomeGuy1234 0

And this didn't end a three way why?