Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

thats pretty stupid. im 16, and i would probably do that. unless you have reasons not to trust her, she deserves privacy. but, you should still knock.

Make it up to your daughter by installing a doorknob with a lock on her door. Both you and she will appreciate the reduction of awkward accidents.

16 year old who-who's. Even if you sucked in bed, they would never know the difference!

skierguy 0

Why would you lecture her in front of her friends? YDI.

Waxing for each other really isn't that weird. I haven't done it with my friends, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Does that make me a *****? No. And is it bad that they want to not have pubic hair coming out of their swim suit bottom? Vaginas are vaginas. I have seen mine, seeing someone else's, especially one of my friend's would be no different....honestly. Lots of people seem to ber overly homophobic.

All you would have been able to see is their legs, I was told by a beautician even waxes that remove everything, like the Hollywood one don't require you to take off your panties, just move them out of the way as you go.

You didn't do it on purpose! Hey, I am a teenager and I am not freaking out about people knocking on my door. "Oh! You forgot to knock on the all mighty door! Doom for you!" As long as you didn't do it on purpose than it is just an accident. And why the hell are your daughters friends waxing each other? Weird.

25, and if someone walked in on me naked it'd just be awkward, if it was something i should be private about I'd lock my door. They deserve it for not locking a door, you deserve it for not knocking.