Freakshow

By iheartnjdevils - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my landlord sent tree cutters to take down a tree in our front yard. I didn't realize their job included walking around the house and gratuitously staring at me through the window as I dressed. My boyfriend won't complain because he's afraid our rent will go up in retaliation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 915
You deserved it 8 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you are too stupid to close the damn blinds, then you have zero reason to complain

OP, you're making this sound a lot more difficult than it has to be. Go change in another room that doesn't face the tree cutters. Preferably a bathroom. Put up curtains, blinds, shades, etc. You could hang a damn blanket in front of the window. This can be easily solved, I don't understand why your life is ******. Also, why does your boyfriend have to complain for you? It's YOUR problem, YOU go complain. Does your boyfriend have to defend your honor or something?

Comments

Odditor 0

So not only did you get undressed by an open window (which was witnessed by several laborers) but you want your boyfriend to advertise this fact to your landlord. Hmmm...I think you should be thankful your boyfriend has enough sense to not spread this information around. if your body is worth seeing again, I wouldn't be surprised if they came back for an encore. Be careful OP.

0opsie 6

"I undressed in front of an open window and people saw me. wah"

0opsie 6

Also, just because your boyfriend is a man, doesn't mean he has to do everything for you. Complain to YOUR landlord YOURself.

YDI for not shutting the blinds or curtains... AND for being a NJ Devils fan.

ydi because why would you have the curtains or blinds open when you're getting dressed, whether there are people outside or not?? you were asking for it.

YDI for living in sin and not getting married. (I'm just kidding. Wouldn't it be so weird if I was like that?)

sallen0046 4

Well here's an idea - don't get dressed in front of the window. If you're too stupid to put up blinds and curtains, and equally too stupid to change in another room when people have a clear line of sight in to the room you would normally change in, you absolutely deserve to have them stare at you. Your changing in front of an open window is attention-seeking behavior, just like your post here. If you really wanted to do something about it, you wouldn't leave the windows open while you change, and you wouldn't need your boyfriend to go complain for you.

sweetypie66313 0

Seriously, i have changed in front of a window, but i live in the country. Where there is noone anywhere near here. And besides if i know someone is here then i wouldnt change anywhere they could see me.

women got rights back in the 1930s, YOU are now allowed to talk to men, even COMPLAIN!!!!