Freakshow

By iheartnjdevils - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my landlord sent tree cutters to take down a tree in our front yard. I didn't realize their job included walking around the house and gratuitously staring at me through the window as I dressed. My boyfriend won't complain because he's afraid our rent will go up in retaliation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 915
You deserved it 8 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you are too stupid to close the damn blinds, then you have zero reason to complain

OP, you're making this sound a lot more difficult than it has to be. Go change in another room that doesn't face the tree cutters. Preferably a bathroom. Put up curtains, blinds, shades, etc. You could hang a damn blanket in front of the window. This can be easily solved, I don't understand why your life is ******. Also, why does your boyfriend have to complain for you? It's YOUR problem, YOU go complain. Does your boyfriend have to defend your honor or something?

Comments

arkangel5639 0

close the blinds when u dress dipshit.

I find it utterly ridiculous that 4700+ people (at the time of me posting this) said FYL and only 1900+ said YDI, especially considering all these comments. Obviously those 4700+ people only focused on "OMG HER BOYFRIEND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" It's effing stupid. It is not her boyfriend's responsibility if she is getting changed by an uncovered window. It would be different if the FML said, "The tree-cutters broke into my bedroom and forced me to undress." It doesn't. It says, "I undressed in front of window and people saw me." That pretty much says to me, "I undressed in front of a window and some guys saw me that I didn't find attractive so I'm complaining. My boyfriend realizes it's dumb and won't do anything, so I'll make him out to be the bad guy." First of all, it's still indecent exposure. Just because you're inside your house doesn't mean anything. That's like saying that people who molest their kids aren't guilty because it's inside their own house with their own kid. Your home is not an area where laws don't reach. Yes, you deserve privacy, but a clear window is not private. They didn't break into her home, they saw her through a CLEAR GLASS WINDOW. Second of all, OP is really, REALLY stupid AND endangering herself. Changing in front of an uncovered window just opens up the world to peeping toms, which can escalate into something WORSE. Thirdly, I'm not even addressing the fact that her boyfriend didn't "defend her honor." He wouldn't have to if she wasn't retarded or a ****, whatever the case may be. tl;dr: OP DESERVED IT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. BOYFRIEND NOT TO BLAME.

Oh, and as for calling the cops, they're going to tell her that she should take preventative measures. Namely, buying curtains/blinds or closing them if they are already there. Can you imagine her calling the cops on this? It would be a waste of time and resources a lot of cities just don't have. Then we'd see another fml.... Today, I was at work as a cop. A horrible murderer-rapist-Charles' Manson Type got away because my fellow officers did not have enough back-up. Instead of helping, I was at a call from some dumb bitch who changed in front of an open window and blamed some workers and her boyfriend. He killed three more people. FML

TheReverendFan 0

Sooooo. . . You stood in front of the window while you got dressed?

Hey he dosent have money to afford the damn rent if it goes up! Cut him slack, and so u got oggled?! Big deal bitch! Get over yourself, it's rude but it's true

close the blinds or change in the bathroom. not that hard to figure out

The same thing totally happened to me! I called some company to send guys over to paint my house. They painted for a couple of hours, and when they got to my bedroom window I realized that I'd better start getting ready for work. I don't believe in curtains or blinds because it's impossible for someone to look into my window. I mean, they're clear and clean glass and all, but that doesn't mean anything. When I began undressing I looked behind me and saw one of them actually staring at me! I was so angry that I continued to get undressed. When I was done I ran out of the room, in shock of how they had assaulted me. I went to my boyfriend and demanded that he go the landlord. He must have had a nervous reaction to their evil doings because he couldn't stop laughing. He mumbled a few things that sounded like, "what a retard" but I didn't get what they had to do with me. When he quieted down he told me he wouldn't because he was afraid the rent may go up. I was so angry, but that pretty much put a halt to the situation. I mean, since he wouldn't go to the landlord, who would? I couldn't. Well, I could, but I was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from the whole ordeal. I'll pray for you, dearie.

Seriously don't you people have bathrooms or some other room with small windows? Honestly getting dressed in front of a window and getting upset when someone sees you is like playing on the highway and getting pissed when you get hit by a car.

143 was making a joke out of the whole thing.

Bless23 0

Egh try curtains they work wonders or complain to the landlord yourself

teffysayshi 8

Uh, close the window shade, and if you don't have curtains and such, buy some...YDI for being an idiot and changing in front of the window anyway.