Liar, liar

By skanula414 - 31/12/2014 19:00 - Sweden - Malm?

Today, I found out my 7-year-old daughter really did lie about my husband's "other girlfriend" as revenge for being grounded, and that he never cheated on me at all. We're well into our divorce proceedings and he won't forgive me for not believing him when he denied it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 433
You deserved it 49 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess if she is like this at 7, I wonder what she's going to be like at 14

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comments

Now you're gonna get all his stuff his dignity and come out on top as women always do in a divorce for no fault of his own and you'll get almost no punishment for your stupidity oh well you don't have to worry about it at least you'll be fine the legal system loves you.

haha YDI but also your 7 year old will grow up knowing she was responsible for your split

fuggotmuggot 14
sweetsugar12477 4

I think this fml needs a follow up because there are to many unanswered questions. Like why would you belive your 7 year old daughter over your husband? Has he cheated in the past for you to go on with a divorce? Really this situation sucks for all parties involved because if the 7 year really did lie about that she's gonna go thru life knowing she's the reason her parents divorced. It sucks for the parents to.

Hope he finds someone to have a loving, trusting and mature relationship with.

#173 How would the kid get that idea? TV. Cheating is a topic in sitcoms, reality shows, cop shows, movies, everything. Kids don't just watch kids' TV.

This story hits close to home with me because when I was 8 years old I had caught my dad cheating with my mom, and when I told her, she finally left my dad after years of cheating. For years, I was indeed blamed for causing my parent's separation by my dad's side of the family. That 7 year old will have to deal with her being a probable cause of her parent's separation. Though, could there possibly have been deeper issues in the relationship that would trigger a divorce just by what a child had said?

I can see the custody battle "no you take her"

I think your husband got off lucky, as he was married to somebody who would believe a common joke, coming from an angry seven year old, and enough to get a divorce without any proof!! Also, did you ever think of how the HELL your daughter would have found out about this!?!?!?!?

Wow, YDI so hard for not believing in your man.